Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone on 1.0.2, need factory conditions, weird situation

Default Iphone on 1.0.2, need factory conditions, weird situation
    Hi all,

I have a fun problem to be worked out and need suggestions...without further ado, here's the case:

I have an original iPhone on 1.0.2 unlocked and running on Tmobile. I unlocked it a long time ago using this method: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1

Anyhow, the problem is that the HOME button no longer works. Thus, I need to get it in a state to allow for warranty coverage. But does the method that was used to unlock it change the IMEI number (and would that matter)? What will I have to do to get it "exchangeable"?

I was thinking perhaps use ZiPhone to "refurbish" it, but does ZiPhone work on the old iPhones or only those with the new bootloader? Then, once it is in the refurbished state, what should I do after that? (Remember, the Home button doesn't work, and I assume still won't work after any virginizing either...)

Suggestions as to what steps to take in order would be very helpful and hopefully we can come up with something that will work.

Thanks!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

upgrade to 1.1.4
    if you are unsure of the update then virginize your phone then update to 1.1.4
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Ok so I'll go ahead and virginize it first, but doesn't the Home button need to be functional to update, or does it go by itself all with just one click?

(and side question, do you think apple will exchange it without it having a contract with AT&T?)