Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installed too many programs. Now iphone just restarts over and over again.

Default Installed too many programs. Now iphone just restarts over and over again.
    Jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone. I installed around 90 apps on my phone and then it started. The phone just over and over restarts itself. Then it takes a break from restarting itself. Just to give me maybe ten minutes with the phone. And then the restarting process starts over again. I have reset the phone. I have restored the phone. I have upgraded to 1.1.4 without the jailbreak and it still does it. I downgraded to 1.1.3 with the jailbreak and it still does it. It doesn't find my wifi now and when it do it just drop it before i can even get out of the settings. No youtube. I just don't know. I think i installed to many programs on it. Im not sure. But I do know I could use some help with this. Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will have to restore the phone, thus wiping out ALL your apps and then start all over. This time you run BossTool to free up space or install Cydia which does it all for you, or better yet use iLiberty when you jailbreak and let it free up space from the start.

Ok I used iLiberty+ and it still done the same thing. But right now im going to this process over again since i have some help. Thanks Dude

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

After you restore and re-jailbreak you MUST set the phone up as NEW in iTunes.. do NOT restore from a back-up image.

Ok I'm doing the restore and jailbreak process now.

The iPhone has an 80 apps limit if you dont have installed Summerboard. If you reach this limit, the phone hangs. If you enter by ssh or usb and delete one ap, the phone starts.

With Summerboard installed (only installing, you dont must to do anything with it), you can install much more apps. My Applications folder has now 197 archives and I have no problem.

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

80 app limit now i know. Thanks

Just finished with the restore and re-jailbreak and its still doing the same thing. I opened up youtube and it said cannot connect. i tried connecting to my wifi and it wouldn't. Then I open up safari and it just started to reset itself. it has reset four times in a row now.
    Last edited by tuney123; 2008-04-29 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tuney123 View Post
    Jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone. I installed around 90 apps on my phone and then it started. The phone just over and over restarts itself. Then it takes a break from restarting itself. Just to give me maybe ten minutes with the phone. And then the restarting process starts over again. I have reset the phone. I have restored the phone. I have upgraded to 1.1.4 without the jailbreak and it still does it. I downgraded to 1.1.3 with the jailbreak and it still does it. It doesn't find my wifi now and when it do it just drop it before i can even get out of the settings. No youtube. I just don't know. I think i installed to many programs on it. Im not sure. But I do know I could use some help with this. Thanks ahead of time.
    You need to SSH into your phone and manually delete some applications. Get it under 80 and you'll be fine.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

tuney123 (2008-04-29)

Ok Thanks Dude im going to try that also. Is there a certain process i need to go through

Ok Thanks Dude im going to try that also. Is there a certain process i need to go through
    Go into your var/root/applications folder and delete some of them and you should be good. Make sure you don't delete any of the main mobile apps. Just delete any of the ones that you know you downloaded.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Hey dirtybird! Winscp wont let me go into it. It says network error:connection timed out

Hey dirtybird! Winscp wont let me go into it. It says network error:connection timed out
    That's probably cause you said your wifi connection isn't working right? Are you sure your putting in the correct ip address?

You did say it sometimes gives you a few minutes before crashing right? Try and go into installer and uninstall a bunch before it crashes. Maybe do that a couple times and your good. Let me know if that works.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Installer,BSD Subsystem,and OpenSSH are the only things i have installed

Hmm..does your phone work fine after the full restore to 1.1.4 setting up as NEW phone? But not work after the jailbreak?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

It works untill i try to go into either maps or youtube or safari then it just starts to reset itself. it will reset itself maybe three or four. Times then it might come on Frozen or working. For about ten minutes then it will start resetting itself.

my cousin thought that maybe my springboard has gone haywire
    Last edited by tuney123; 2008-04-30 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dirtybird1977 has told you before: If you dont connect your restored phone to iTunes as New phone, you are importing the problem with your old apps and settings too.

I kno wat ur going through. My installer keeps crashing. How can I delete stuff without going into installer???

With a PC you have 2 methods for access to the iPhone filesystem:

- SSH: Needs OpenSSH installed, SSH and wifi active before the phone hangs. The most popular software for SSH accessing on PC is WinSCP.

- USB: PC Suite, iBrickr, iPhoneBrowser... PC Suite install a Demon the first time that you use it, then, without the demon installed, dont works. iBrickr and iPhoneBrowser, for Ziphone unlocked phones, requires that you install for the first time access a patch: Ziphone iBrickr Fix. Without that also dont works.

Then, if you dont have used before the USB softwares or dont have SSH and wifi active before the phone hungs, maybe you cannot do anithing.

If you know someone with a Mac, maybe iFuntastic can access your iPhone filesystem to delete some apps. Once he does it for me when my phone hangs without the wifi activated.

Hey guys this morning the phone let me get into the winscp program. but now im lost

Ok I was anble to get into winscp. The only apps that I found were the ones that you get when you buy the phone. The other 90 or so that i had downloaded through installer. I cant find them. And I still got the same problem.
    Last edited by tuney123; 2008-04-30 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe try a refurbish from ziphone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast