Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: to upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question

Default to upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question
    Like most of us I have ventured into modifying my iphone. After installing Nullriver's installer.app onto my iphone running firmware 1.0.2 . I was pleasently surprised to find my iphone working as good as ever. I have read numerous reports about bricked phones for people who upgraded the firmware of phones that had been altered. I have now upgraded the installer to version 3 which states that it is optimized for firmware 1.1.1.

To make a long story short, should I upgrade to firmware 1.1.1 having installer 3 on my iphone?

thank you for responding

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I've upgraded 2 iPhones to 1.1.1 and looking back in hindsight, its not worth the time and trouble. iPhone apps seem to run better and more stable with 1.0.2.
    At this time, there's no compelling reasons to upgrade, IMO. You may have to upgrade sooner or later anyway and at some point but not at this time.

But that's just my opinion.

Having said that, I would also have to say that the upgrading process and trouble of doing so (having to verginize, re-restore, re-downgrade and re-upgrade and unlocking, etc) was a good learning experience and somewhat thrilling and satisfying. So if you like modding and hacking, go for it. If something goes wrong, plenty of knowledgable people here to help you here.

my 2 cents.

So how does one verginize, re-restore, re-downgrade and re-upgrade and unlocking. Is that the procedure I should take with my iphone....

I did upgrade my iphone to 1.1.1, but I don't like it, 1.02 is a more stable and better in application support.

Big problem in 1.1.1, that it will show the missing calls as call failures, stupid...

It also, sometimes, does not ring when you have an incoming call, and it freezes in some applications.

why to upgrade??!!!! it does not worth it IMO.