Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incorrect Sim

Default Incorrect Sim
    I upgraded my phone to 1.1.1 (I didnt know it wouldnt work) so I downgraded to 1.0.2 I can get into my iphone but a message comes up saying "Incorrent Sim The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM."

I've been working at this for hours and hope someone can help, thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Default unlocked? method?
    You need to give more information. Did you unlock your phone? What method?

when i got it i unlocked it with anysim

Same problem with my iPhone, had unlocked it b4 in the 1.0.2 and after some days it got locked again. Later I was able to unlock my phone again after restoring my firmware and doing the whole unlocking process again.
    Later I decided to upgrade to 1.1.1 since there was people who had unlocked already. I followed every step, and did the anysim unlock with a foreign simcard, I got the "Incorrent Sim The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM." message so I decided leave it as it was and used my lock iPhone with apps, but when I inserted my ATT sim I got the same message "Incorrent Sim The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM."
    While I was trying 1 more time the anysim unlock my phone froze. So I restarted it, and that was the end of my iPhone I have tried every method to recover my phone. If tried unlocking the 1.1.1 again, nothing happened (The uber and the Long method where you need to virginize), later I tried downgrading my firmware to unlock the 1.0.2 and keep that one but nothing happened I keep getting the "Incorrent Sim The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM."

If any one can Help I will appreciate it, if not I guess I'll just keep my iPhone as and Ipod with apps, it sucks but not much I can do.