Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UNlocked 1.0.2. Want to upgrade to 1.1.1

Default UNlocked 1.0.2. Want to upgrade to 1.1.1
    Hi there

I looked at most of the Sticky posts and didn't find what I need to do to have my now unlocked 1.0.2 to upgrade to 1.1.1

Appreciate your help.

C

Thanks

What have you used to Unlock your v1.0.2? If you've used anySIM v1.0.2 then follow the sticky guide. If IPSF then you can upgrade to v1.1.1 and use AppSnapp.

Hello,
    Is there a way to know which method was used to unlock a 1.0.2 iPhone? I bought it unlocked, the seller doesn't seem to know either how it had been unlocked.
    There's no Installer app on it, only iLang.app
    YouTube works.
    Thanks to let me know a method if you know. I don't know where to start from.

My suggestion is not to upgrade to 1.1.1 as you don't need it at all. Updating to 1.1.1 without being sure how the phone was unlocked is huge risk.

hey,

I've been searching a bit but havent found any answers so i thought i'd ask...i dont want to brick the phone!

I originally unlocked my iPhone on 1.0.2 using the tutorial link from this site to youtube. I followed his exact instructions and used the iUnlocker method.

Now i would like to upgrade to 1.1.1, do i need to virginize? Or can i just upgrade and re unlock?

Also, Im running windows

Thanks in advance.

ok, after more reading i followed the guide at http://iphone.unlock.no/#recovery-restore-mode

it was pretty helpful and no long steps to virginize the phone.

cheers
    Last edited by upside_umop; 2007-11-22 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost