Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Meeee!!!

Default Help Meeee!!!
    My iPhone was stuck at installer, then i was looking through the forums and i saw to hold down the lock and home buttons for 10 seconds, and it reset. but now, it is stuck on the startup apple logo, with the clockwise cog symbol going around and then after about 10 minutes of this, it stops, and the cog just lights up and stays lit and stops moving. HELP! WHAT DO I DOOOO?

did you try turning it off then plugging it in and turning it on while its plugged in?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

If iTunes does not recognize it at all to restore it from there, you need to put it back into DFU mode (restore) manually.
    Turn off your iPhone first (press the power until it shuts off)
    If it does not respond, turn it off by pressing power and the home.
    Then turn on the phone holding both the power and the home, as soon as you get the apple logo, let go of the power and continue holding the home until the "connect to iTunes" appears.
    The above should work 99% of the time.
    If none of this works, try iBrickr, Independence, or Ziphone to see if they help. There is also a DFU utility that you can run at the DOS command prompt.
    I've also let the the batteries run dry, and then turned it on plugged like I mentioned before.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jfmsam For This Useful Post:

cholopotter (2008-04-28)

Quote Originally Posted by cholopotter View Post
    My iPhone was stuck at installer, then i was looking through the forums and i saw to hold down the lock and home buttons for 10 seconds, and it reset. but now, it is stuck on the startup apple logo, with the clockwise cog symbol going around and then after about 10 minutes of this, it stops, and the cog just lights up and stays lit and stops moving. HELP! WHAT DO I DOOOO?
    Do you know how to acces inside the phone filesystem with SSH or USB? Then enter inside the Applications folder and delete the last App that you have install. If that's the problem, the phone unfreezees inmediatly. If that occurs could be for the 80 Apps limit, then install Summerboard (only install it, you dont must to do anything more) and you could install all the Apps that you want.

If you dont know to acces the filesystem, bad luck, just restore and unlock one more time.

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yul For This Useful Post:

cholopotter (2008-04-28)

Quote Originally Posted by jfmsam View Post
    If iTunes does not recognize it at all to restore it from there, you need to put it back into DFU mode (restore) manually.
    Turn off your iPhone first (press the power until it shuts off)
    If it does not respond, turn it off by pressing power and the home.
    Then turn on the phone holding both the power and the home, as soon as you get the apple logo, let go of the power and continue holding the home until the "connect to iTunes" appears.
    The above should work 99% of the time.
    If none of this works, try iBrickr, Independence, or Ziphone to see if they help. There is also a DFU utility that you can run at the DOS command prompt.
    I've also let the the batteries run dry, and then turned it on plugged like I mentioned before.
    that didnt work, and i have iBrickr, but it oesnt connect to it(doesnt find a phone) how do you do the DFU utility?