Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken or not???

Default Jailbroken or not???
    I used jailbreakme to jail break, and update the BSD, OpenSSH ... no problem. Activated also to 1.1.1.

When I attached the iPhone back to Independence 1.2.5, at the bottom of the status bar, it still said that the phone is "jailed" but activated.

Strange enough because I can adds 3rd parties app without problem.

Any idea?

I noticed a similar issue with iBrickr. Phone IS jailbroken, 3P apps are running SSH installed and running, but iBrickr still says jailed with 1.1.1. I have only noticed this with the Jailbreakme.com method. Using other methods, I have successfully jailbroken many times and iBrickr recognizes as open. Anyone else have thoughts why the jailbreakme.com method doesn't "convince" other programs the iPhone is Jailbroken?

This is because you need to drop a new Services.plist into your lockdown folder to grant ultimate read/write access.

Reako

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

birdieman (2007-10-30)

Thanks Reako for the heads up.

I'd say we have a terminology issue

Originally, a phone was jailbroken when it had an afc2 service created for desktop OS access to the full file system.

With Installer.app providing so much convenience, that isn't necessary for app installation any longer. Still, it would be nice if it was included in the 1.1.1 jailbreaks still.