Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serious Help Needed :(

Exclamation Serious Help Needed :(
    I am very unhappy. I have just ruined my phone. Yes, I know it is saveable, but before I go whole hog and restore the damn thing, can I just check if I need to.
    Ok there are only 2 things I have done with it tonight that could have caused this.
    1) Recently, I asked on this forum where the option to install the summerboard app is with Cydia. I got no reply, so I presumed I would have to install it manually. So I had a go at that using iBrickr and this instructions: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=370478 (look at the 4th post)
    2) I also, before that, tried to install PXL Daemon, to see if that would give me summerboard. Instead, I got a windows error message telling me some part of iBrickr had crashed, before it had finsiehd its job, and it got stuck on setting up PXl to install on phone retsart, this will take a few seconds or something like that.

So now when I have restarted my phone, it just shows the apple logo. So I'm guessing it's more likely that the PXL process caused this. So my guess is tehre is something on my phone now trying to run/install a corrupt PXL thingy on startup. Does anyone know where this is so I can delete the ******g thing again and again til it dies a horrible death?

If you fix my phone I shall make a shrine to you and worship it once a day!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If the phone won't boot past the apple logo then you'll have to restore. Cydia doesn't have summerboard in it so the only way to install it is through installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If the phone won't boot past the apple logo then you'll have to restore. Cydia doesn't have summerboard in it so the only way to install it is through installer.
    I figured out the problem:
    When I tried to install summerboard, I changed the old com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    for a new one. But that version opf summeroard was ancient, so I really shouldn't have done that. So what I need is a kind soul to send me the iPhone 1.1.4 original com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file

com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file in a PM or a link please pretty please!

Thanks

Here you go. Just rename and delete the ".txt" at the end of the filename
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Here you go. Just rename and delete the ".txt" at the end of the filename
    Mmmm well I tried that and it didn't work, so maybe it was the PXL daemon after all. Anyone now where it's kept?

Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    I figured out the problem:
    When I tried to install summerboard, I changed the old com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    for a new one. But that version opf summeroard was ancient, so I really shouldn't have done that. So what I need is a kind soul to send me the iPhone 1.1.4 original com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file

com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file in a PM or a link please pretty please!
    Don't know where it is kept, but you can however just preform what I like to call a "Faux-Upgrade". Do a Shift+Click in iTunes on the upgrade button to upgrade to the same firmware you have now and this will of course erase your 3rd party apps and you will have to use ziphone or jailbreakme.com again, but otherwise this will fix the problem of from what understand srpinboard not loading as well as it will retain your personal information such as contacts, calendar, notes, bookmarks...I have done this with 1.1.4 before and only lost my 3rd party apps, but retained everything else like I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Girrelephant Master View Post
    Don't know where it is kept, but you can however just preform what I like to call a "Faux-Upgrade". Do a Shift+Click in iTunes on the upgrade button to upgrade to the same firmware you have now and this will of course erase your 3rd party apps and you will have to use ziphone or jailbreakme.com again, but otherwise this will fix the problem of from what understand srpinboard not loading as well as it will retain your personal information such as contacts, calendar, notes, bookmarks...I have done this with 1.1.4 before and only lost my 3rd party apps, but retained everything else like I mentioned.
    Cool, ok, do I lose my video, contacts, music etc?

Also: I did download the fw but I did it through iTunes: so where is it kept?

Ok I found it
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 2008-04-24 at 08:43 AM.

You shouldn't loose your video, music, or any info/data that goes along with official Apple apps, but other 3rd party stuff is sometimes lost...

My extended details about this fix...

Hope, I could help...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Girrelephant Master For This Useful Post:

thestrangestick (2008-04-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Girrelephant Master View Post
    You shouldn't loose your video, music, or any info/data that goes along with official Apple apps, but other 3rd party stuff is sometimes lost...

My extended details about this fix...

Hope, I could help...
    You were a great help, thanks guys, thanks to all that helped, the update fw worked a treat and my baby is ok now