Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading 1.12 to 1.14 - Error 6

Default Upgrading 1.12 to 1.14 - Error 6
    Hi,

My iPhone was having some software issues, that whenever I used the phone to call and then dialed a number, i would be taken to the home screen. So i thought it could be a problem with the software. I thought to upgrade to 1.14 since i was planning to reintsall the software.

So now, I downloaded the 1.14 firmware and fired up itunes to do the restore. But I always keep getting the "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (6)" error.

I haev tried using iTunes 7.5.x and 7.6.2

I really hope to get some insight on this. I am using Win XP Pro SP2

Did you try to just do a restore or did you put the phone into recovery mode?
    might be a problem that since you jailbroke the phone it will not upgrade it because some files have been moved. just wondering....

i put the phone into recovery mode and dfu too. still nothing happens. i didnt try to do a restore just like that.

this phone was from china and already was jailbroken and i could use and carrier.

also how can i boot back into the os from recovery mode... ? i'll try another pc too.
    Last edited by systemize; 2008-04-24 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost