Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having trouble downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1...please help

Default Having trouble downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1...please help
    Having trouble downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 I follow the instructions but everytime I restore it works but to 1.1.1 for some reason. I am having trouble figuring out where my downloaded 1.0.2 is when I manually search for this version to restore. From the folder I downloaded that is supposed to contain it I have these options:

009-7698-4.dmg
    694-5298-5.dmg
    Firmware (folder that contains two more folders)
    kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    Restore.plist

I've tried them all but the restore just works to 1.1.1 I never get the anticipated/desired error message.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Default help with downgrade
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw
    Go here and save it in your downloads folder.

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ Go here and download version 0.92, save it to your
    desktop.

These are the only 2 files you will need to downgrade and jailbreak you iphone using windows

Step 1 connect iphone to itunes. Once connected you need to put iphone in recovery mode. To do this hold sleep/wake key and home button at same time. After exactly ten seconds let go of sleep/wake key, but continue holding home key until a message pops up in Itunes. Once that happens let go of home button. messsage will say iphone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored, click ok. Then while holding down the shift key click on restore from the itunes screen. Then locate your downloads folder, open folder and scroll till you locate 1.0.2 restore. Click on it and let it restore. If everything went right you should get a error message 1013. Thats ok just hit ok and hit ok when the itunes message pops up. Then make sure you close itunes and ituneshelper.exe.

Step2 Run app tapp. Select v1.0.2 and let it run. at the end it will say it failed but it didnt.

Step 3 open itunes back up and wait for it to recognize your phone, once it does it will bring you to the activation screen, simply click continue and it will reactivate your phone and you will have successfully downgraded to 1.0.2

Step 4 Run app tapp again and make sure to close itunes again. app tapp will display a black screen with a series of commands once it gets to end your phone should reboot and after that installer app will be on the display.

Also if you are a att customer you must reset iphone before you start using it agian, because failure to do so may result in being charged for free services. Im not sure how that works but Id just do it to be safe.

One more thing if your not sure how to turn of ituneshelper.exe. all you have to do is click ctrl+alt+delete. Then select task manager, under processes are the applications that are currently running. Find the one named ituneshelper and click on it. then click end process. This will shut it down and also make sure itunes is completly closed to.

I hope this helps you out. If I wasnt clear about something let me know and I will try to explain it better.

J
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-01 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great stuff!!! However, what if I am using itunes 7.5, and Mac OS 10.4???? Many thanks.