Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] 100% fool proof way upgrading to 1.1.1 [Windows]

How did you do it? Coul you tell me so i can do it too, i am still working on this stupid insert a valid sim thing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yigit View Post
    How did you do it? Coul you tell me so i can do it too, i am still working on this stupid insert a valid sim thing
    I used this:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

I am in the process of re-writing the tutorial that I used to upgrade my phone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. There are a lot of steps/observances that are being left out of these tutorials and they are absolutely, 100% needed! I did the upgrade/crack/jailbreak/anySIM flawlessly - I ran into no problems at all.

I will re-write the tutorial that I used and add in the missing pieces that should've been there to start with.

I'm hoping to have it up tonite.
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-11-01 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

pura.kachara (2007-11-01)

Default here is a way to help
    open itunes, and connect your phone. then, hold the power and home buten at the same time, you will hear the usb disconnect tone, and release the power button, keep holding the home button, and wait until you hear the connect, and disconnect tone, then tunes will tell you that it have detected an iphone in a restore mode, click ok. let it restore, and towards the end it will stop and tell you that it cannot complete, click OK, now open apptapp, and chose firmware 1.0.0 (the oldest one) and restore to it. it should work.
    remember that apptapp can take up to 5 times to work right, so just keep trying.
    if all fail, and you give up, you can do what I did, and pay to get it unbrick, call this no 778 893 7653 it cost $70 but it worth it. now I have a 1.1.1 phone, and all the third party app. and it's work with any sim card

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shlom511 View Post
    open itunes, and connect your phone. then, hold the power and home buten at the same time, you will hear the usb disconnect tone, and release the power button, keep holding the home button, and wait until you hear the connect, and disconnect tone, then tunes will tell you that it have detected an iphone in a restore mode, click ok. let it restore, and towards the end it will stop and tell you that it cannot complete, click OK, now open apptapp, and chose firmware 1.0.0 (the oldest one) and restore to it. it should work.
    remember that apptapp can take up to 5 times to work right, so just keep trying.
    if all fail, and you give up, you can do what I did, and pay to get it unbrick, call this no 778 893 7653 it cost $70 but it worth it. now I have a 1.1.1 phone, and all the third party app. and it's work with any sim card
    Anyone trying to make money to "fix" an iPhone is not worth it in my book. The whole point of this site and these forums and these people who spend hours of time to do this, is to have it free - open source - I would never pay anyone for what is already free. I think it's a slap in the face to the developers and people spending all their free time on doing this for us.

Sorry guys. I have been away for a while.
    So... I got a PM of a member telling me he found an easier way to replace the Terminal part with Putty... I hope he will help us out and write a small change-up for that.

Dooey5, I'm glad you finally made the jump successfully too, could you please tell us what you did different and what parts are wrong/left out, so I can change them as son as humanly possible.

Thank you all for your feedback, it will help everyone else to get this guide as seemless, easy and with as little problems as possible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
    Sorry guys. I have been away for a while.
    So... I got a PM of a member telling me he found an easier way to replace the Terminal part with Putty... I hope he will help us out and write a small change-up for that.

Dooey5, I'm glad you finally made the jump successfully too, could you please tell us what you did different and what parts are wrong/left out, so I can change them as son as humanly possible.

Thank you all for your feedback, it will help everyone else to get this guide as seemless, easy and with as little problems as possible
    I used this thread to upgrade and edited it with my findings at post #291 of this thread. That should help people I hope :-) Also, I'm back down to 1.0.2 :-) Untill they get everything working properly that I use, I'm not upgrading again lol But at least now I'm confident enough to do it again when it comes time :-)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461 <--that's the main thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=291 <--that's my post with the edit

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    I used this thread to upgrade and edited it with my findings at post #291 of this thread. That should help people I hope :-) Also, I'm back down to 1.0.2 :-) Untill they get everything working properly that I use, I'm not upgrading again lol But at least now I'm confident enough to do it again when it comes time :-)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461 <--that's the main thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=291 <--that's my post with the edit

Dooey5,

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are the Man!!!!!!!!!

IT worked!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%

After 3 LONG weeks of not being able to Unlock 1.1.1 It finally happened, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to curnaco For This Useful Post:

dooey5 (2007-11-05)

Thanks

I've attached a screenshot of what my iTunes asked me today after connecting my phone to it....is this Apple's way of trying to get info or what?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled2.jpg  

works a treat not a problem with this tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    I've attached a screenshot of what my iTunes asked me today after connecting my phone to it....is this Apple's way of trying to get info or what?
    No idean I got the same message the first time I started up iTunes when I connected my iPhone when it still had 1.0.2 on it. Just ignore it, nothing special...

I will correct my write up with your changes accordingly when I have some more spare time...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Racing.Ray For This Useful Post:

jingbronw (2007-11-13)

dude i tried the jailbreak site thing do you know if that thing is still up and running it doesn't seem to work for me . . . so i am stuck with no way to activate . . .

Also thank you for the great guide dude . . .

Thanks a million!!! U R THE MAN!!!

Default Sim error msg
    hey all,
    i need ur help, i followed the original instructions in this post, however when i inserted the At&T sim card it and updated to 1.1.1 (as it is said int he first step) it said " the iphone must be used with an approved sim" although im using the AT&T Sim, can anyone help me out here ?

im afraid i screwed up my used to be working phone.....

i really need ur help at this now plz, what i have done is downloaded v 1.1.1 on my pc and after virginizing my ifone, i have updated it from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 but now the problem i am having is it says activate iphone by connection to itunes and when i do that it says u must insert valid sim card in order to activate ! i have O2 sim in it which i have been using it only shows me emergency calls. and does not let me activate ! what should i do now man ??? plz help me pllz plzz pplzzzz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234