Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] 100% fool proof way upgrading to 1.1.1 [Windows]

Thanks

I don't understand why it didn't work though :-( I worked for everyone else! I don't get it :-( I did everything by the book - :-(

CARNAVAL is where the problem lies - it won't let me get past that. :-(
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-10-30 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
    I haven't tried to skip Step 1 if you already have it on 1.0.2... mostly for the fact to be on the safe side. But you are more than welcome to share your experiences with us
    Hi, first of all thanks for the tut.. I havnt tried it but i am about to, just a quick question did GuidoA skip step 1 and it worked for him? I just got the phone and its unlocked its 1.0.2 anything else i need to know before starting...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sikhdawg For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Thanks

Ok, I'm back down to 1.0.2 and it's working fine on T-Mobile again - I will never try this again until someone releases a one-click-does-it-all program lol

I think I just lost 7 years off my life lol

Thanx for everyone who has helped me - but step 4.4 just wouldn't let me go any further - :-(

So, I'm back to 1.0.2 and happy :-)

EDIT: If anyone runs into problems and needs to downgrade back to 1.0.2, the easiest why that I found was using ibrikr. I followed every step on ibrikr and it restored my phone to 1.0.2 and jailbroke it. It was super easy :-) Now, mind you, I did not have to virginize my phone because my baseband was already at 3.14(or whatever the original BB is)
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-10-30 at 11:02 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

I am stuck on step 4.3 when i try to update to 1.1.1 it says an unknown error occurred (-50) Please HELP guys

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sikhdawg For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Thanks

Also, just an FYI:

I tried the "100% Fool Proof" tutorial and it didn't work for me - I kept getting stuck at the CARNAVAL steps...apparently my iphone HATES carnaval - seriously, I don't get it - I don't know if it's crappy coding or what, but I just can't seem to get this damn thing upgraded and working on 1.1.1

The only thing that worked for me hands down, no problems at all were:

1.) Downgrading back to 1.0.2 via ibrikr - worked like a charm

and

2.) the *#307# thing - it worked like a charm as well -

NOTE: As we are all human, you have to expect error - it's going to happen no matter what - accept it, embrace it, learn from it then correct it :-) That being said, the steps on the *#307# thing - somewhere it says, "type *#307# and hit call...like you're making a call....your phone will begin to ring...don't answer it just yet...." Then it says, right after that, as the next step, "now delete what you typed and type '0' and hit call".....

Ok folks, let me fill in the HUGE gap that "insert name here" left out when writing the steps for CARNAVAL - After you type *#307# and hit talk, let the phone ring or vibrate a few times, I let mine go about 5 times - THEN, I hit decline and the screen gets a shadow on it and says "Please Wait"....DO THIS!! You must wait for it to finish that "please wait" screen before moving on to the next step which is, "Ok, now delete what you just typed in and press '0' and send" - everything after that is ok instruction-wise.

I really want to get my phone up and running 1.1.1 on T-Mobile...I just haven't found a tutorial or program yet that will do it for me - some people just leave too many important steps/observances out of their steps...and that's the most critical part!! *le sigh*

Ok, time to leave and go home now - maybe I'll try again tomorrow....at least now I know that no matter what I can always downgrade back to 1.0.2 (at least I think no matter what.....)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

OK, so for those of you that successfully did the upgrade, I have one question - was it worth it? I cant decide whether or not it is worth the hassle.

im glad u gave me credit as well =)

So. I added the touchy WiFi setup procedure to 4.4. (CARNAVAL).

mypaisa: Here is a list of the features/updates that come with 1.1.1: http://www.myitablet.com/iphone-111-...res-301571.php
    Most people see sense in updating, since most of the apps will be updated to 1.1.1 and a lot are exclusive to it already. Also, you will only have to do this once, if you do it right.

hey Doey or anyone,
    when you had that problem with it being stuck at the waiting for data after u started eraser, what did you do ?
    im stuck there too ....
    HELP PLZ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    hey Doey or anyone,
    when you had that problem with it being stuck at the waiting for data after u started eraser, what did you do ?
    im stuck there too ....
    HELP PLZ
    I don't know what to tell you kryptonite - once I got stuck and couldn't go any further I just stopped, reverted back to 1.0.2 and am using that now - until there is a 100% Fool Proof way of doing it (no pun to you RR), then I'm not going to try to upgrade again, I don't want to chance it again and plus I don't think my blood pressure could handle it again right now lol

It may, but I won't guarantee. I only tried so with an AT&T card.
    Any one, any success forr unlocked 1.0.2 successful upgrade to 1.1.1 without AT&T card [basically outside US]?

Regards,
    Pura

It may, but I won't guarantee. I only tried so with an AT&T card.
    Thanks a lot Racing.Ray for quick response,
    Just one more Question.. If I follow your procedure (took my chance), and if I do not get upgraded to 1.1.1, at least can I get back to 1.0.2 on my own? what steps to follow for doing the same?

Basically I am trying to see if my upgrade fails.. what options do I have to repair back as much as I can.

Regards,
    Pura
    Last edited by pura.kachara; 2007-10-31 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pura.kachara View Post
    Any one, any success forr unlocked 1.0.2 successful upgrade to 1.1.1 without AT&T card [basically outside US]?

Regards,
    Pura

Thanks a lot Racing.Ray for quick response,
    Just one more Question.. If I follow your procedure (took my chance), and if I do not get upgraded to 1.1.1, at least can I get back to 1.0.2 on my own? what steps to follow for doing the same?

Basically I am trying to see if my upgrade fails.. what options do I have to repair back as much as I can.

Regards,
    Pura
    If you want to go back to 1.0.2 the easiest way I found was using ibrikr

thanks guys for the input and the pm's
    im past that point and i unlocked and activated one phone, now on the other phone im stuck at step 3.3 with "waiting for data"
    anyone who can help me out id really appreciate it , i already went over and restarted from the beginning but no luck what so ever.....

i really need your help as this is my brothers phone or il be left without a phone and he'll take mine.....
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    thanks guys for the input and the pm's
    im past that point and i unlocked and activated one phone, now on the other phone im stuck at step 3.3 with "waiting for data"
    anyone who can help me out id really appreciate it , i already went over and restarted from the beginning but no luck what so ever.....

i really need your help as this is my brothers phone or il be left without a phone and he'll take mine.....
    thanks
    You're stuck at 3.3? 3.3 says open terminal - did you get past that and it's stuck at "waiting for...."? I got stuck there too...all I did was restart my phone and tried again - that got me all the way to 4.3 and then I got stuck for the final time - couldn't get past 4.3 - I'm actually going to try this whole process again only using a different method...I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks man, il look forward to ur next post, watch out for ur blood pressure level though
    lol

hey guys, i get an error during the virginizer that has an error in updating something and the baseband or whatever stays the same stupid 4. whatever version. not sure what to do in this point, got off work at 11PM yesterday, stayed up till 8AM today, practically i just woke up and see if there is anything new in this forum. My iphone is like bricked and i cannot used the phone function at all, im stuck using a Nokia 8290 (1st cingular phone) how sad

Hey everyone,

I am stuck at the AppTapp.. It says:

Looking For Iphone...
    Sending Preliminary files..
    Entering recovery mode..
    Sending boot files..
    Booting iPhone in recovery mode..

Now.. It has been like this for almost 15mins.. I know it doesnt usually takes this long, am i doing something wrong? And it also says Invalid SIM (which i have ATT in the phone) and when i close the window of apptapp it says complete, but when i start pacay, it takes the first step and as soon as i hit enter, CMD window is filled with

recovery#recovery#recovery#recovery#recovery#recov ery#recovery#recovery
    #recovery#recovery#recovery#recovery#recovery#reco very#recovery#recovery

what is the problem here?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

your where im at

have you found a solution?

I am downgrading right now and try it from the beginning

Are we bricked or what???

It says Invalid sim and such.. I ve downgraded to 1.0.2 and still no luck.. Does anyone have a solution for this??
    Last edited by yigit; 2007-11-01 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yay!!!! I finally did it!! I'm running 1.1.1 and everything works!!! Yippie!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast