Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] 100% fool proof way upgrading to 1.1.1 [Windows]

Step 3:

Where it says:

./ virginator.sh

It should be typed:

./virginator.sh

NO SPACE BETWEEN ./ and virginator.sh the space is why you get the permission denied message. Took me at least an hour to figure that out. Still have to give thanks to OP because after that it worked. But OP, better fix that in the directions. As for the other stuff, well beyond the modem firmware fix I can do the rest so I can't report on the method here.

Oh, and BTW my IMEI number now matches my phone.
    Last edited by Adsum; 2007-10-30 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes, removing the space allowed the virginizer process to continue, but now it is stuck on "waiting for Data".....

EDIT: Yep, just tried restarting phone and trying again with the virginizing process... including re=uploading files.....

It just hangs on Waiting for data....

what am I doing wrong?

EDIT EDIT:

I am still lost here. I have gone back in, and restarted the comm, then reuploaded the virginizer files, chmoded, and ran the file without the space.... it goes through, I answer all the questions, and then it just hangs on Waiting for data...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Please help.. so close, but yet so far!
    Last edited by MickeyZ; 2007-10-30 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    Ok, this is what I found and this is working so far....

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool

EDIT: when you do this step:
    Your seczone should now be repaired.

* Now reflash the default 3.14.08 baseband firmware:

./bbupdater -f ./ICE03.14.08_G.fls -e ./ICE03.14.08_G.eep

and hit enter, it'll act like nothing's happening...just be patient...

Ok, right now I am upgrading to 1.1.1......standby

Ok, I got stuck at step 4.3 - it's asking to activate, so i'm proceeding with step 4.3....

Ok, it's still asking me to activate....so now I have NO clue what to do....

I can't get it to do a god damn thing...i'm going to bed...i have to work tomorrow....i'll take it to work and **** with it there....it's still stuck on the ******* activation screen.....

This tutorial bricked my phone
    This tutorial bricked my phone - now I can't even get it off the screen that has a usb plug and a CD with a music note on it - MY PHONE IS BRICKED :-(
    As stated in the tutorial, if you get the activation screen, use Step 4.3b.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
    yes, removing the space allowed the virginizer process to continue, but now it is stuck on "waiting for Data".....

EDIT: Yep, just tried restarting phone and trying again with the virginizing process... including re=uploading files.....

It just hangs on Waiting for data....

what am I doing wrong?

EDIT EDIT:

I am still lost here. I have gone back in, and restarted the comm, then reuploaded the virginizer files, chmoded, and ran the file without the space.... it goes through, I answer all the questions, and then it just hangs on Waiting for data...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Please help.. so close, but yet so far!
    Thank you for the heads up on the space in Step 3.3.

I have tried this guide twice before posting it and twice after, fixing all the errors which were only minor and never permanently bricked the iPhone. It works 100% and have received several approvals already too.
    IF someone should find an error and is stuck, just restart the guide and report the problem, I will find out what is wrong ASAP. At any point, you are able to restart the whole process though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mickey....

If you have the activate iphone screen coming on your iPhone. Then just hold down the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the Itunes logo and the usb plug appears on your sceen. It might take around 30 - 35 seconds. Keep holding both these buttons till you see that screen.

Then when the screen with usb plug and iTunes logo appears, then open iBrickd and iTunes both. Press the "Begin downgrade from V1.1 to V1.02" button on your iBrickr.

Your phone will enter the DFU mode and a plain WHITE SCREEN will appear on your iPhone. Shift your window to iTunes (leave the iBrickr open) Hold down SHIFT key on your keyboard and press "RESTORE" on iTunes.

I hope you have the iphone V1.02 firmware software downloaded on your PC.

Just rename the V1.02 firmware to "1.0.2.ipsw" and copy the file to iBrickr folder.

Now when you HOLD shift key on your keyboard and press on "RESTORE" in itunes, then browse to your iBrickr directory and select the file "1.0.2.ipsw"

Now your phone wil be downgraded to V1.02. You will see an error msg on itunes after the process completes,

Close iTunes and open iBrickr window which u had minimized earlier

Press the second option given there "iTunes have fininshed downgrading and yellow triangle appears on your iphone"

After that press the "Fix it" button on your ibrickr...

Thats it.. Your done..

Now close everything

Use Apptapp

And then PACAY..

THEN UNLOCK using AnySIM V1.1

Hope this have helped you...Cheerz..if any more probz, let me know
    Last edited by cyber_bilal; 2007-10-30 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyber_bilal For This Useful Post:

MickeyZ (2007-10-31)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_bilal View Post
    Mickey....

If you have the activate iphone screen coming on your iPhone. Then just hold down the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the Itunes logo and the usb plug appears on your sceen. It might take around 30 - 35 seconds. Keep holding both these buttons till you see that screen.

Then when the screen with usb plug and iTunes logo appears, then open iBrickd and iTunes both. Press the "Begin downgrade from V1.1 to V1.02" button on your iBrickr.

Your phone will enter the DFU mode and a plain WHITE SCREEN will appear on your iPhone. Shift your window to iTunes (leave the iBrickr open) Hold down SHIFT key on your keyboard and press "RESTORE" on iTunes.

I hope you have the iphone V1.02 firmware software downloaded on your PC.

Just rename the V1.02 firmware to "1.0.2.ipsw" and copy the file to iBrickr folder.

Now when you HOLD shift key on your keyboard and press on "RESTORE" in itunes, then browse to your iBrickr directory and select the file "1.0.2.ipsw"

Now your phone wil be downgraded to V1.02. You will see an error msg on itunes after the process completes,

Close iTunes and open iBrickr window which u had minimized earlier

Press the second option given there "iTunes have fininshed downgrading and yellow triangle appears on your iphone"

After that press the "Fix it" button on your ibrickr...

Thats it.. Your done..

Now close everything

Use Apptapp

And then PACAY..

THEN UNLOCK using AnySIM V1.1

Hope this have helped you...Cheerz..if any more probz, let me know
    Ok, I've followed everything, however, step 4.4 is not working - is there any other way to get this damn thing activated/jailbroken/cracked!? I started with a 1.0.2 phone, used anySIM and was using it FINE with T-Mobile - then I followed the tutorial on this thread and now I'm at 1.1.1 with the screen saying "Activate" - Step 4.4 is NOT working for me.....is there another way?

Ok, I've followed everything, however, step 4.4 is not working - is there any other way to get this damn thing activated/jailbroken/cracked!? I started with a 1.0.2 phone, used anySIM and was using it FINE with T-Mobile - then I followed the tutorial on this thread and now I'm at 1.1.1 with the screen saying "Activate" - Step 4.4 is NOT working for me.....is there another way?
    Did you follow the CARNAVAL instructions closely? Did you complete that step? Did you get the WiFi connection running and could access the second bookmarked web address as told? Where exactly is the problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
    Did you follow the CARNAVAL instructions closely? Did you complete that step? Did you get the WiFi connection running and could access the second bookmarked web address as told? Where exactly is the problem?
    Ok, I'm going to try the 4.4 option again....do I have to have the phone in the dock when I try this or no? Itunes has been killed and all the other .exe's have been killed as well - so can I remove it from the dock to do step 4.4?

Ok, I'm going to try the 4.4 option again....do I have to have the phone in the dock when I try this or no? Itunes has been killed and all the other .exe's have been killed as well - so can I remove it from the dock to do step 4.4?
    I haven't tried it without the dock, so I would just leave it in for safety's sake of getting one to one results.
    READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN CARNAVAL CAREFULLY TO COMPLETE IT SUCCESSFULLY.

of al these hustle im more getting scared upgrading my iphone i think il stick to mu 1.0.2.quick qiestion is there any advantage 1.1.1 to 1.0.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    of al these hustle im more getting scared upgrading my iphone i think il stick to mu 1.0.2.quick qiestion is there any advantage 1.1.1 to 1.0.2
    Yes, most 3rd part apps are being coded for 1.1.1 only - so, trust me, you'll want to upgrade, just wait till myself and a few others work out the bugs during the process (i'm in the middle of it right now at work lol) and we'll help you along the process....it's frustrating, yes, but worth it I'm sure in the end.

Yes, most 3rd part apps are being coded for 1.1.1 only - so, trust me, you'll want to upgrade, just wait till myself and a few others work out the bugs during the process (i'm in the middle of it right now at work lol) and we'll help you along the process....it's frustrating, yes, but worth it I'm sure in the end.
    Please keep me updated if you run into any problems, so I can correct the guide accordingly.

And at the moment there are just as many apps that are not compatible to 1.1.1 as there are ones exclusively for it. So depending on what you use, it may be sensible to stay on 1.0.2 or not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Racing.Ray For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

does this make youtube work as well?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to saru96 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by saru96 View Post
    does this make youtube work as well?
    Yes, CARNAVAL automatically enables youtube in the process.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Racing.Ray For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Thanks

Ok, after step 4.4 ran, it said push any key, did that and the program did something then closed - i'm back at the Activate screen.....program said that's ok though but I don't know what to do now cause the program finished....according to 4.4 it says I'll ahve to restart 4 times....never once asked me to....now what?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Ok, after step 4.4 ran, it said push any key, did that and the program did something then closed - i'm back at the Activate screen.....program said that's ok though but I don't know what to do now cause the program finished....according to 4.4 it says I'll ahve to restart 4 times....never once asked me to....now what?
    Did it tell you to go into emergency mode and do the contact/wifi procedure? That is all the way in the beginning of the process, after that it will ask you to restart four times and asks you to push a random button twice for each restart.

if this doesn't happen, you have done something wrong along the way. Either within CARNAVAL or the entire upgrade...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Racing.Ray For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Thanks

Did it tell you to go into emergency mode and do the contact/wifi procedure? That is all the way in the beginning of the process, after that it will ask you to restart four times and asks you to push a random button twice for each restart.

if this doesn't happen, you have done something wrong along the way. Either within CARNAVAL or the entire upgrade...
    Yes, I did the emergency call thing, made the contact, put in the url and connected to my wifi and all that jazz - then it says something at the end of the bat file "everything ok now?......press any key to continue" and when I do that, program closes - now what?

EDIT: I rebooted my phone, re-did the 4.4 step and it's a little further now...stuck at "CFRunLoop waiting for iphone" :-(
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-10-30 at 08:36 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Yes, I did the emergency call thing, made the contact, put in the url and connected to my wifi and all that jazz - then it says something at the end of the bat file "everything ok now?......press any key to continue" and when I do that, program closes - now what?

EDIT: I rebooted my phone, re-did the 4.4 step and it's a little further now...stuck at "CFRunLoop waiting for iphone" :-(
    So this is before it ever tells you about a restart?
    Did you access the second web address (toc2rta) and got "kicked" back to the activation screen? If so and it STILL didn't work, I guess there is something in the way somewhere along the line.

EDIT: I am not into the technical stuff of the programs... maybe there is someone on the forum who is, or maybe there is a thread to that error message...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Racing.Ray For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Guys..

Any necessity that I must have AT&T simcard available wth me(as referrred in step 1 of the guide)?
    I am outside US, dont have any AT&T card and I have a unlocked 1.0.2 version working phone. God only knows how it was unlocked.

Can anyone shed light on what to do if i do not have At&T sim card with me?

Can I still get it unlocked?

Thanks in advance,
    Pura

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pura.kachara For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Thanks

So this is before it ever tells you about a restart?
    Did you access the second web address (toc2rta) and got "kicked" back to the activation screen? If so and it STILL didn't work, I guess there is something in the way somewhere along the line.

EDIT: I am not into the technical stuff of the programs... maybe there is someone on the forum who is, or maybe there is a thread to that error message...
    Well that's just fantastic then....great....

EDIT: Forget it, I'm just going to downgrade back to 1.0.2 - it worked when I had it - screw 1.1.1 - until someone can actually make a tutorial that works for everyone and actually has document every single step, then I'm not going to worry about it.
    Last edited by dooey5; 2007-10-30 at 08:48 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by pura.kachara View Post
    Guys..

Any necessity that I must have AT&T simcard available wth me(as referrred in step 1 of the guide)?
    I am outside US, dont have any AT&T card and I have a unlocked 1.0.2 version working phone. God only knows how it was unlocked.

Can anyone shed light on what to do if i do not have At&T sim card with me?

Can I still get it unlocked?

Thanks in advance,
    Pura
    It may, but I won't guarantee. I only tried so with an AT&T card.

Well that's just fantastic then....great....

EDIT: Forget it, I'm just going to downgrade back to 1.0.2 - it worked when I had it - screw 1.1.1 - until someone can actually make a tutorial that works for everyone and actually has document every single step, then I'm not going to worry about it.
    You can always downgrade back to 1.0.2 until it is resolved. Just don't go further than Step 1. If it needs to be activated afterwards, You can use iBrickr to upload anySIM 1.1p.

EDIT: Well I haven't found a tut that is more precise and works better, plus it seemed to work for everyone else. So good luck looking for one. So the best bet would be to just downgrade again and wait until someone finds the time to make a fully automated installer for you

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Racing.Ray For This Useful Post:

mypaisa (2007-10-31)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast