Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading Unlocked 1.1.2 to 1.1.4

Default Upgrading Unlocked 1.1.2 to 1.1.4
    Hi,

I'm having a hard time looking and reading lot of threads to find if I can upgrade my unlocked iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.14, instead I want to have my own thread.

Anyway, How can I upgrade my unlocked iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and unlock it? please provide a step by step procedure. Will it also erase all my data in my iphone once I upgrade it to 1.1.4?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

well here we go

first off yes you will loose all your data on the iphone! but there should be a backup file created under itunes. so once you connect the new 1.1.4 phone to itunes it will put all pics/calendar/contacts/music/videos/.. back on there. so if there is any other data that will be lost -->like all the apps that you put on your phone since jailbreaking 1.1.2

personally there are two methods right now that are both quiet easy but I am hearing more and more issues from the pwnage tool with BSD loop issues so I would suggest getting your phone updated via Option restore and restoring your phone to the new firmware. once you have completed that step put the phone into DFU/restore mode (hold power and home button for 10 seconds till you see the apple logo then let go of the power button and hold the home button for another 15 secs - seriously count 1 mississippi..2 Mississippi) the start up ZiPhone and depending on your carrier do either a Jailbreak for iphone for ATT users or you can do the jailbreak/unlock/free button on the top to take care of the whole process. cant get any easier

Good Luck

Thanks

I also used iliberty+ works great also just remember if you don't want cydia and want installer instead check that option.Also you can search you tube there are some very helpfull video's on there.P.S do alot of reading

sorry for the dumb question, but what is cydia?

SirDude, do you have a link for the step by step procedure on how to update the iphone via Restore? Also the procedure to unlock the iphone using the Ziphone.

Sorry for asking too much. I appreciated your feedback.

Thanks,

I did this just a couple of days ago.

Download iLiberty+
    Connect to iTunes and resotre your iPhone. It will back up and upgrade to 1.1.4.
    Close iTunes and open iLiberty+
    Select Jailbreak, activate, unlock, youtube fix and downgrade bootloader
    Click advanced tab and download BSD subsystem and Installer as per the instructions
    Select these as payloads.
    Go back to standard tab and click go for it.
    When finished you will have a working phone again.
    Now open iTunes and restore your data.

All is very clear and simple once you have it all in front of you.

You will need to reinstall your apps so make a note of them and there repositories before you begin.

It took me about 1 hour total and most of that was iTunes downloading the 1.1.4 firmware.

I should add that it was well worth doing and my iPhone is much snappier now.
    Last edited by Rip; 2008-04-22 at 04:16 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rip For This Useful Post:

mrcoolbp (2008-06-01), shik1 (2008-04-29)

here's a link to a really detailed guide for the whole process using iliberty+, it also includes directions for restoring.

http://sleepers.net/blog/?page_id=37

Does anybody knows where can I download the firmware 1.1.4 for restore?

By the way, can I also used the Ziphone 3.0? Since I have unlocked iPhone 1.1.2, I will try to doing the restore Option. First I will upgrade my unlocked iphoned 1.1.2 to fw version 1.1.4 via Restore procedure then use the Ziphone to do all the job, right?

which is more reliable application, is it the iLiberty+ or the Ziphone?
    Last edited by null; 2008-04-23 at 03:05 AM.

from itunes

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    Does anybody knows where can I download the firmware 1.1.4 for restore?

By the way, can I also used the Ziphone 3.0? Since I have unlocked iPhone 1.1.2, I will try to doing the restore Option. First I will upgrade my unlocked iphoned 1.1.2 to fw version 1.1.4 via Restore procedure then use the Ziphone to do all the job, right?

which is more reliable application, is it the iLiberty+ or the Ziphone?
    everything I have read leads me to believe iLiberty+ is a lot more reliable. I've heard of a lot of problems with Ziphone.
    Last edited by ronny0207; 2008-04-23 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post

Download iLiberty+
    Connect to iTunes and resotre your iPhone. It will back up and upgrade to 1.1.4.
    Click advanced tab and download BSD subsystem and Installer as per the instructions

You will need to reinstall your apps so make a note of them and there repositories before you begin.

It took me about 1 hour total and most of that was iTunes downloading the 1.1.4 firmware.

can this be applied for my 1.1.1 to 1.1.4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llj143 View Post
    can this be applied for my 1.1.1 to 1.1.4?
    Yes just restore to 1.1.4 and then use iliberty+.Don't use the upgrade feature in i tunes use the shift-window key restore method were you pick the firmware you want to upgrade too

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gimpymoses For This Useful Post:

llj143 (2008-04-23)

Download iLiberty+

For restoring, do I need to Hold the power and home button then open iTunes and Hold Shift then press right click on the Restore Button found in iTunes followed by using iLiberty+, right?

Thanks again.

wow thanks, ur method works.. il try to repost of there's any bugs i encountered.. tnx

To restore just connect to iTunes and choose restore.

Once it's done, open iLiberty+ and follow the rest.

There's no buttons to press on the iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im glad someone started this thread becaus I am in the same situation. I tried to just use the pwnage tool on my unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.2 but it failed flashing and pretty much just restarted the phone. I was going to try to just hit the restore in iTunes to get up to 1.1.4 and then use the pwnage tool...however you guys suggest +liberty instead?

Quote Originally Posted by llj143 View Post
    wow thanks, ur method works.. il try to repost of there's any bugs i encountered.. tnx
    Sounds you're very satisfied with the procedure given by gimpymoses. Since, you have successfully upgrade your iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4, I'll update mine and try my luck. So hopefully everything will be fine, i mean the apps, phone, sms, call, etc...

Anyway, appreciated your feedback. Don't forget to post here if you have encountered any problems/bugs. So that the community will address the problems/bugs encountered.
    Last edited by null; 2008-04-24 at 09:15 AM.

I've used iLiberty 3 times this week and it's been faultless.

I believe the key to success is ALWAYS start with an iTunes restore.

Yes Rip, but if itunes fails, you got no option, am on 1.12 unclocked and want to get to 1.14, keep getting the error 6. darn...

I've used iLiberty 3 times this week and it's been faultless.

I believe the key to success is ALWAYS start with an iTunes restore.
    Lucky you! I tried it once and got and error message basically saying that is could not access the payload files. I made a thread out of this on here, you might be able to see it.. No body seems to have a clue at the moment, and there is no sign of anything that covers it on the bugs and fixes section for iliberty+....

No idea why... So I'm using my old phone untill I've got my iPhone back working again! I'm going to try it on the other pc I have and hopefully that will sort it. If not, I have a friend with a mac. The mac should work..

I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    Sounds you're very satisfied with the procedure given by gimpymoses. Since, you have successfully upgrade your iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4, I'll update mine and try my luck. So hopefully everything will be fine, i mean the apps, phone, sms, call, etc...

Anyway, appreciated your feedback. Don't forget to post here if you have encountered any problems/bugs. So that the community will address the problems/bugs encountered.
    i used Rip's guide in 1st page..

i didnt encountered any problems using iliberty+... i did an update after i download iliberty+ then followed Rip's guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast