Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virginize 1.1.1

Default Virginize 1.1.1
    virginized 1.02, then upgraded to 1.1.1 & unlocked

1) rbst is not showing the iphone icon
    2) after turning caller ID on, it goes back to being off

so

is there a virginizer for 1.1.1?
    can I restore a UNLOCKED 1.1.1 iphone via itune and unlock again?

nobody knows?
    Last edited by wahaha008; 2007-10-28 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Actually I had the same type of question...
    Yesterday I virginised my 1.02 upgraded and unlocked (using Touchfree).

Installed Rsbt, managed to wipe out all my icons in the springboard (almost had a heart attack when i re-turned my iPhone on and it said "Ipod" in the top left corner. Managed to save it by restoring a copy of the M68AP.plist (luckily I kept a copy).

Everything was fine until I got itchy fingers again and tried installing the Summerboard alpha (manual install). From there, it went pear shape. SMBPref would open, display a blank screen then close. When I tried to uninstall using Installer, IT DID THE SAME THING.... Then I decided to cold boot the phone. BIGGER Problem. got stuck at the apple logo (for 3min+). It was then I decided to Restore.

ANYHOW, this leads me to 2 questions

1)I know that we only get a number of Restores per firmware (5, as i recall reading somewhere). My question is, can I use the virginiser again on now my 1.1.1 to reset it?

2) TouchFree was developed for the iPod Touch, I've noticed it adds a couple of directories /var/root/Touchfree. Are they safe to delete (I'm thinking not). What are the implications of using Touchfree to jailbreak. I've also noticed that this folder ALSO contains a Installer.app, SMBPrefs.app and Summerboard.framework. Whilst I'm fairly sure that they should be the install files that Touchfree uses when Jailbreaking 1.1.1, I remember trying yesterday deleting the folder and then my iPhone not wanting to function properly... Springboard was fine, but everytime I went to click on an application, it'd just start the app, then close back to the springboard.

Sorry if I sound like a total n00bie... I am... But I must say that these forums have to be the BEST source of knowledge around.

I believe the virginizer_pack is for 1.02 only,

as for the firmware, are you sure you only get 5 restores?

Thanks

rsbt with customize1.13 works with 1.1.1 but not just rsbt
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-10-28 at 06:18 PM.

I could not install rSBT either as it did not showup in the repository of the Installer. I did some research and found out that rSBT is not compatitble with 1.1.1 firmware. So I installed Customize the latest version and was able to change the order of the applications. With this, I can slide sideway to another screen for more apps but no scrolling up and down like rSBT.

anyone tried to restore a unlocked 1.1.1?

Thanks

it is really interesting if an iTunes restore is possible on 1.1.1??

i just want to know how do i get into the dir or copy the virginizer file into usr/bin from terminal

ok please i dont know what to type on the terminal window, i
    made a folder called virginizer_pack then uploaded the files into it how do you copy them to the usr/bin ,an what do you type to get into that dir

how to copy the virgin app and what to type to go to its dir
    please
    Last edited by loster4play; 2007-10-29 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, I hope an iTunes Restore is possible... Because I've done it... :P Wasn't too happy about doing it (since I only upgraded/jailbreaked day before), but I had no choice (as per my original post). The only thing is that obviously, after the restore, I had to re-jailbreak again (but not unlock) - still took like another 1.5 hours though (using Touchfree again).

As for the 5 Restores... Can't confirm, but I remember reading it SOMEWHERE??? Can anyone confirm?

Has anyone else jailbreaked using touchfree? Interested in getting their feedback as to the files created in /var/root/Touchfree as well as upgrading Summerboard...

Thanks all!

Is it necessaru to virginise a 1.1.1 iPhone after being jailbreaked by touchfree and anysim1.1 is not working.

HO wdo I restore.......

Quote Originally Posted by Great_Cookie View Post
    Well, I hope an iTunes Restore is possible... Because I've done it... :P Wasn't too happy about doing it (since I only upgraded/jailbreaked day before), but I had no choice (as per my original post). The only thing is that obviously, after the restore, I had to re-jailbreak again (but not unlock) - still took like another 1.5 hours though (using Touchfree again).

As for the 5 Restores... Can't confirm, but I remember reading it SOMEWHERE??? Can anyone confirm?

Has anyone else jailbreaked using touchfree? Interested in getting their feedback as to the files created in /var/root/Touchfree as well as upgrading Summerboard...

Thanks all!
    Dear Great_Cookie,

Did you restore from an unlocked (upgraded) 1.1.1 iphone? Could your iTunes recognize it or treat it as new iphone?

I have restored the UNLOCKED Iphone Couple of times. i Have 1.1.1 Firmware. I was stuck with the ipod symbol in Carrier bars so i have to restore. Nothing happens wrong when you restore the same firmware. ie i had 1.1.1 and i restore same firmware via itunes. After you restore your phone you have to jailbreak it again. i did jailbreak it via jailbreakme.com. but you dont have to unlock again as it has been unlocked.

I am using unlock 8Gb 1.1.1 firmware on T-mobile. I have restore couple of times. I am not sure about the 5 times restore. i cant check it personaly. i just have to look some info online. The thing i know is that we can unlock out phones from network just couples of times but i am not sure the samething goes out with the restore too....

Does anyone know where I can get the software to restore to fw1.1.1? Since 1.1.2 has been released I cant find a download for 1.1.1 firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by galaga_z View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the software to restore to fw1.1.1? Since 1.1.2 has been released I cant find a download for 1.1.1 firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You can get it here:
    iphone.unlock.no