Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quick question

Default quick question
    if i have a iphone thats jailbroken at 1.1.1 and i want to upgrade it to 1.1.4 then jailbreak that version how would i go about doing it? can i just restore the iphone to the 1.1.4 file then just jailbreak after?

thanks

You got it. Just do a restore in itunes, it will restore it to 1.1.4. Then use one of the various apps to jailbreak and unlock/activate if you are not on att. You can use ziphone, iliberty, or the new pwnage tool.

I have had great success with ziphone, even though there are mixed feelings about it.

I highly recommend using the pwnage tool now, but if you are running windows, you will not be able to unlock yet. They are still working out the kinks on the windows version.

ok thats what i figured you do... this is actually for my friend more than me. he has a jailbroken 1.1.1 and he decided he would go to 1.1.4 and jailbreak it because he saw how easy i did it with iLiberty.

anyways hes an idiot and didnt follow my directions over the phone and somehow got his phone stuck in recovery mode with the itunes and usb cord picture on the screen, and whenever he opens itunes and does the shift+restore and chooses the 1.1.4 file he gets to the end and gets and error (1607 i think he said)... im not sure exactly what to do at this point so if anybody has tips or knows a solution that would be great