Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird 1.1.3 upgrade leaves 4.7gb of 'Other' material on iTunes. Help!!

Default Weird 1.1.3 upgrade leaves 4.7gb of 'Other' material on iTunes. Help!!
    Hey,

I've recently upgraded my jailbroken iPhone to 1.1.3. But now, when I sync my iTunes it says I have 4.7 gb of 'Other' material. 4.7gb was about how much music and vids i had before I upgraded. When upgrading it wiped my iphone (virtually; it left my contacts and a few other small bits) and when i synced it to iTunes yesterday to sync all my stuff back, from the backup iTunes made, it did it fine...but it still thinks I have loads of 'Other' crap. Its taking up loads of my space...what should i do?

If I restore to factory condition and then sync will this work (or will it just wreck my jailbreak thing)? If I can't do this...please suggest what i should do??

Please help.

Thanks!!

check your itunes folder. It happened to me, what happened is all my Itunes stuff got duplicated for some reason..

I have deleted all my music and vids from my iPhone....but it still thinks theres 4.7gb of Other ****!! How can I wipe it off without losing my jailbreak?? I'm pretty sure it's just a duplicate of all my previous stuff...but its named it 'Other' for some reason.

PLEASE HELP!!

Relax.. wipe out the content on your iphone by going through settings - general - reset - erase all content.

Then plug your iphone back in & put back all your music/vids/etc. Samething happened to me & this was the easy fix.