Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems Virginizing my 1.0.2 iPhone

Default Problems Virginizing my 1.0.2 iPhone
    Despite that my iphone were activated and unlocked successful follow MMI IPhone unlock OS X guide, I'm trying to virginize my iphone with "Downgrade 1.0.2 baseband OS X iPhone" but I have found an issue that not allow to continue.

Here are my track record:
    1. Step 1. - Prepare : DONE
    2. Step 2. - Back up your seczone. : PROBLEMS
    After type ssh -l root (iPhone's IP) on terminal and put dottie pass next command is -sh-3.2# instead off just #. And the problem is after typed cd and SPACE connection with iphone is closed.

Terminal data is here:
    Last login: Sat Oct 27 09:54:38 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    MacBook-Ed:~ eduardo$ ssh -l root 10.0.1.2
    [email protected]'s password:
    -sh-3.2# cd
    Connection to 10.0.1.2 closed.

Any Hint?

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!!!

ED

I am having a similar problem. I am not getting that exact message but seem to be losing my SSH connection when I try to type in commands. Sometimes, the iPhone even freezes and I have to restart.
    A GUI for this process would be extremely appreciated for the Terminally-challenged like myself.
    Any ideas on how to get around this terminal problem we are having would be
    wonderful.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ecastrof View Post
    Despite that my iphone were activated and unlocked successful follow MMI IPhone unlock OS X guide, I'm trying to virginize my iphone with "Downgrade 1.0.2 baseband OS X iPhone" but I have found an issue that not allow to continue.

Here are my track record:
    1. Step 1. - Prepare : DONE
    2. Step 2. - Back up your seczone. : PROBLEMS
    After type ssh -l root (iPhone's IP) on terminal and put dottie pass next command is -sh-3.2# instead off just #. And the problem is after typed cd and SPACE connection with iphone is closed.

Terminal data is here:
    Last login: Sat Oct 27 09:54:38 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    MacBook-Ed:~ eduardo$ ssh -l root 10.0.1.2
    [email protected]'s password:
    -sh-3.2# cd
    Connection to 10.0.1.2 closed.

Any Hint?

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!!!

ED
    You tried to install multiple versions of OpenSSH. Reinstall BSD Subsystems and you should be good to go

hope this help u

Quote Originally Posted by pstonge View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I am not getting that exact message but seem to be losing my SSH connection when I try to type in commands. Sometimes, the iPhone even freezes and I have to restart.
    A GUI for this process would be extremely appreciated for the Terminally-challenged like myself.
    Any ideas on how to get around this terminal problem we are having would be
    wonderful.
    Thanks.
    is your Iphone auto-lock set to "NEVER"??
    Last edited by xportpnoy; 2007-10-27 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When You PushEd on hackers their gonna push back 10x as HARD"

sTeve stp smokin that apple and free my iphone

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xportpnoy For This Useful Post:

centurionone (2007-11-21), torrentprime (2008-03-31)

i cant seem to get past the seczone part either. part one went fine, but part 2 has me stumped. i open p terminal and on the top it says "bash" instead of "ssh". i try and change the protocol to ssh, but i dont seem to be doing that properly because when i do change it to ssh, i cant seem to connect or whatver it is im supposed to be doing with the command lines provided. as well my iphone now has a battery life of under 1 hour...i cant figure that the **** out either.

try this link to virginize 1.0.2, all using the iphone rather than your mac and having to SSH http://iphone.unlock.no/ I hope it solves your problem.

Good luck