Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone hang on startup!

Default iPhone hang on startup!
    Hi
    last time, when i installed some non-secure 3thd party app from installer, after first restarting my iphone, it hanged and stop working and i just see the apple logo..... also when i connected it to my pc ,nothing happend!
    Can you help me to solve this problem or at least suggest me some software to format my iphone , something like factory reset!

How may apps have you? The iPhone have an 80 apps limit, if you instal one more of this limit the phone hangs. The solution is to enter inside the file system with your favorite SSH or USB app and delete one of the apps. If that's the problem, the phone unhangs inmediatly.

That limit can be overpassed installing Summerboard (only installing it, you dont need to do anything more with the app). Then, enter the filesystem, delete two apps (you need space for Summerboard without achieve the app limit), when the phone unhangs install Summerboard, then you can install all the apps that you want (I have around 180 I think ;.))

(sorry for my siouxglish)

Default iphone hanged at startup
    i had a long list of 3rd part app in my iphone 3Gs
    i tried to reset the iphone and the moment i pressed that button my set has hanged n is continuously showing the apple logo n nthin happening
    i thnk ths solution of urx can b of my help but will u plz tell me in a lil detail as no technical computer background and m not gettin hw to connect the iphone to the laptop as it is not responding to any thing:-(

Quote Originally Posted by EsiZ View Post
    Hi
    last time, when i installed some non-secure 3thd party app from installer, after first restarting my iphone, it hanged and stop working and i just see the apple logo..... also when i connected it to my pc ,nothing happend!
    Can you help me to solve this problem or at least suggest me some software to format my iphone , something like factory reset!
    put into DFU mode first power down your phone then hold home and power button till apple logo appears, then let go of power button but continue to hold the home button down for about 10 sec till the screen is black.

Then plug into computer with newest itunes and all windows software up to date and restore the firmware with itunes

just to be clear if you do this you will lose everything.
    Last edited by fc97accord; 2010-09-25 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost