Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clarification on upgrading from 1.1.2 > 1.1.4 please!

Default Clarification on upgrading from 1.1.2 > 1.1.4 please!
    So, I did the right thing and searched for what I'm after and I *think* I understand what's required. But first, here's my scenario:

I just ran ZiPhone on a never before used 8GB iPhone (UK O2). It all went swimmingly well and everything appears to work :-)

I'm currently running 1.1.2, but would like to upgrade to 1.1.4 to get things like clipmarks etc.

Also, I don't appear to have AppTapp Installer on the unlocked phone - I presume that is because it is only 1.1.2? Another reason to run the unlock again to get Installer on there ...

So, I /think/ I need to do the following:

* Connect to iTunes
    * Choose restore (which will lose everything)
    * Restore 1.1.2
    * Then upgrade when nagged to 1.1.4

The question I have, really, is about the activation. I did the ZiPhone 'Unlock, Jailbreak and Activate' button on ZiPhone (Mac), so if I restore does that undo activation and everything?

I'm a little confused, because until the phone was activated, I didn't get any way to upgrade to 1.1.4. Only after running ZiPhone was I able to use the phone properly, but running 1.1.2. I hope that I'm making sense here ...

Thanks in advance for any help on this :-)

I've just done this same thing this morning - upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

And it all went flawlessly.

I connected to iTunes and clicked Restore.

iTunes downloaded 1.1.4 and updated my iPhone.

I next downloaded iLiberty+ and chose the Jailbreak, Activate, YouTube fix, and Cydia options. (Note: my iPhone was 1.1.1 OTB).

Additionally I added BSD, Installer and Open SSH payloads from the advanced tab.

I then clicked Go For It! and went and made some tea.

I returned to a fully functioning, unlocked and activated iPhone about 30 minutes later (though it probably took less as I wasn't watching).

My main reason for doing this was that Fring would crash when calling.

I've reinstalled all of my apps (apart from those that access the mic) and everything (including fring) is working great.

I was all set for a whole day at this but in total it's taken 1 hour.

Thanks to the team that made iLiberty.

I've just put mine in and told it to restore and update to 1.1.4 because it's better I do it now when I've not got loads set up on it than later on. Does it matter what bootloader version I have on it? Or does that get updated? I've got 3.9. It doesn't matter if I can't unlock so long as I can activate, because I am on O2.

If you are on O2 you dont need to Unlock or Activate, just Jailbreak, then the BL version doestn't matter because you dont go to touch it.

Wait for a 2nd advice if you want. ;-)