Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I upgrade to firmware 1.1.4???

Default Should I upgrade to firmware 1.1.4???
    Hey Guys,

I have a jailbroken firmware 1.1.2 iPhone (jailbroken through the iActivator program) and am wondering if upgrading to firmware 1.1.4 is worth it? I have no problems with 1.1.2 thus far except that I don't get phone signal in my dorm room - but I doubt 1.1.4 would fix this.

Anyway, is it worth reinstalling Installer.app and all my other applications/themes for 1.1.4 or would I be okay holding off until firmware 1.2/2.0 in June with the AppStore?

I'm willing to go through the work again if people recommend the newer firmware... just let me know what the best method to jailbreak is now (it's been months since I've jailbroken my iPhone so I'm a bit rusty...and I hear good things about iPwnage, but don't know if it jailbreaks).

Thanks in advance for all the help,

kargod

P.S. I get a week off for Passover because I go to Brandeis University. Since I'm not Jewish I'm sitting around in my parents place in Houston bored as hell because none of my other friends have the week off. So basically, I don't mind killing a few hours with this... gotta love random Brandeis holidays!

I've just done this this morning - upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

And it all went flawlessly.

I connected to iTunes and clicked Restore.

iTunes downloaded 1.1.4 and updated my iPhone.

I next downloaded iLiberty+ and chose the Jailbreak, Activate, YouTube fix, and Cydia options. (Note: my iPhone was 1.1.1 OTB).

Additionally I added BSD, Installer and Open SSH payloads from the advanced tab.

I then clicked Go For It! and went and made some tea.

I returned to a fully functioning, unlocked and activated iPhone about 30 minutes later (though it probably took less as I wasn't watching).

My main reason for doing this was that Fring would crash when calling.

I've reinstalled all of my apps (apart from those that access the mic) and everything (including fring) is working great.

I was all set for a whole day at this but in total it's taken 1 hour.

There aren't that many differences: Map locate, jiggly icons. That's about it.

It does seem 'snappier' though and It was a good opportunity to clear out some junk and get rid of apps I don't really need.

Thanks to the team that made iLiberty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip For This Useful Post:

kargod (2008-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    I've just done this this morning - upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

And it all went flawlessly.

I connected to iTunes and clicked Restore.

iTunes downloaded 1.1.4 and updated my iPhone.

I next downloaded iLiberty+ and chose the Jailbreak, Activate, YouTube fix, and Cydia options. (Note: my iPhone was 1.1.1 OTB).

Additionally I added BSD, Installer and Open SSH payloads from the advanced tab.

I then clicked Go For It! and went and made some tea.

I returned to a fully functioning, unlocked and activated iPhone about 30 minutes later (though it probably took less as I wasn't watching).

My main reason for doing this was that Fring would crash when calling.

I've reinstalled all of my apps (apart from those that access the mic) and everything (including fring) is working great.

I was all set for a whole day at this but in total it's taken 1 hour.

There aren't that many differences: Map locate, jiggly icons. That's about it.

It does seem 'snappier' though and It was a good opportunity to clear out some junk and get rid of apps I don't really need.

Thanks to the team that made iLiberty.
    Almost just what i was looking for.

I am using a 1.0.2 OTB iphone which was in steps upgraded to 1.1.1 and then to 1.1.2 (5-6 months back) with oktoprep and anysim 1.2.1u. I used instructions written on this page http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...ws_1_easy.html

So EXPERTS, please suggest if i can worry-free upgrade to 1.1.4 using iliberty+? I read on hackint0sh that if you are going to upgrade an already unlocked iphone using iliberty+, then do it safely!

If everything is okay to go with, do tell me on what to do about downgrade bootloader option? should i downgrade to fake bootloader or not?

eagerly waiting for the advice
    Last edited by kracked_dude; 2008-04-20 at 12:48 PM.