Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I-Phone 1.1.2 Uprgade to 1.1.4 Confused.com

Default I-Phone 1.1.2 Uprgade to 1.1.4 Confused.com
    Right. With so many other forms of info on the net and now reading some of the posts here on modmyi.com my head is spinning on how to succesfully upgrade my i-phone to 1.1.4. With the release of Winpwn as I use windows I need to get to 1.1.4 so I can use this when 2.0 comes out hopefully.

My current I-phone is as below.

Purchased unlocked 1.1.2 from here:- http://www.theiphoneman.co.uk/
    I'm using 02 carrier in the UK on a PAYG service.
    Full firmware version no. 1.1.2 (3B48b)
    Model No. MB213B
    Modem Firmware No. 04.02.13_G

Im also looking for localisation issues to be fixed for the UK. And I think I need baseband unlocking too ?

Hope this makes sence. Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First thing - when you upgrade to a new firmware you will lose all the apps you have downloaded so be prepared to reload everything.

1. Plug into iTunes.
    2. Hit RESTORE and let iTunes restore to 1.1.4
    3. Unlock/jailbreak with pwnage or iLiberty (read the Guides)
    4. Plug back into iTunes and set the phone up as NEW.
    5. Re-sync all your contacts/music/photos
    6. Enjoy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Pseudo-Ops (2008-04-20)

Similar situation here, I bought a 1.1.2 OTB version here in the UK yesterday, activated & jailbroke it using ZiPhone (I've got an O2 SIM anyway) and now I'm interested in getting 1.1.4.

I've been looking around this site and others but all the useful information is swamped with stuff that's not relevant to me (e.g. guides in this site's wiki saying they're out of date and to use this one, when you click on the link THAT one is outdated and to use this one, then that guide ISN'T for what you wanted!).

I'm just wanting to know what will happen if I upgrade to 1.1.4. Will I lose anything? Contacts, music, programs? Do I just use ZiPhone to activate again?

Firmware 1.1.2 OTB
    Bootloader 3.9 (according to the ZiPhone guide)

If you connect to itunes and sync the phone, itunes will make a backup that you can restore to the phone.

After using itunes to restore to 1.1.4, use ziphone, iliberty, or the new pwnage tool to jailbreak/activate/unlock.

thanks for that posieson 79 worked a treat.