Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help:Post-Jailbroken 1.1.1 - After BSD Subsystem update Safari Crashes->Phone Crashes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Exclamation Help:Post-Jailbroken 1.1.1 - After BSD Subsystem update Safari Crashes->Phone Crashes
    Hi everyone,

I need your help. the day before yesterday I used the onetouch method (windows) to jailbreak my phone which went smoothly. I erased dropbear and setup OpenSSH on the phone.. then installed a few third party apps, themes, etc. The Installer had one "update" notification for BSD Subystem which I did. Right aftet that, everytime I use Safari, it downloads any page to about 50-70% and then crashes --closes the page and goes back to the main window (Springboard)... Then iPhone becomes extremely slow to the point it takes about 15-20 seconds to open any sort of native app (including listening to iPod and making calls).. after opening 2 or 3 programs, iPhone freezes and automatically reboots...after the fresh reboot, if I don't open safari, everything seems to be working just fine... but if I do, i get the same deal over and over again! I reinstalled BSD Subsystem again, and that didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled most of the programs, it still didn't fix it. I'm wondering if I should use WINSCP see if I can manually remove and fresh install the BSD Subsystem! I dunno if that fixes the glitch though...

I ran a search on the forum but didn't find anything. I am sure this problem has been discussed before. If any of you can help me how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it. I just hate to restore my phone and go through the whole process again!

Here's some additional info:
    Firwmare:1.1.1 - Jailbroken using Windows OneTouch method.
    Installer: V3.0b4
    BSD Subsystem: V 1.5
    Other programs installed: VNotes, Sketches, Customize, Dock, Summerboard, SendSong, iLight, Community Sourcers, OpenSSH, Trip1Pogostick

EDIT: OK, I didn't open Safari the phone is still unstable. It took a lot longer to crash, but it did so without Safari being triggered. It seems as though the phone runs outta memory -- something running in the b/g consuming all the resources !! anyways, i think as Reako has suggested a restore is inevitable!
    Last edited by aasd; 2007-10-26 at 08:00 PM. Reason: New info

You're best bet is to restore. Using touchFree it only takes about 10 minutes to jailbreak, then delete dropbear and install OpenSSH. It's easier to bite the bullet than to wait for a perfect answer. Goodluck!!

Reako

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    You're best bet is to restore. Using touchFree it only takes about 10 minutes to jailbreak, then delete dropbear and install OpenSSH. It's easier to bite the bullet than to wait for a perfect answer. Goodluck!!

Reako
    do u know if I need to do extra steps for restoring a jailbroken iphone, or is it safe to assume itunes will treat this like untampered with / "virgin?" phone?

I have restored my jailbroken phone when I was on 1.02 and it went fine. I did not do anything special to "virginize" my phone before doing the restore. I ran 1.02 after the restore for over a month with no problems. I have since upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken it with "jailbrekme.com" and have only had 3rd party application issues but nothing major. This is just my expierence though. :-)