Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Legitimate confirmation on upgrading??

Question Legitimate confirmation on upgrading??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iPhone is still version 1.0.1(1C25) with the 03.14.08_G firmware and all I've done to it is jailbreak, add ringtones and changed the icons through the iPhone Skinner App. Is it safe for me to ugrade to 1.1.1? I've been searching everywhere and have heard different things from different people. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mine was 1.0.2 fully modded but not unlocked. Restored 1.0.2 then updated to 1.1.1 and remodded. Everything works fine

Quote Originally Posted by dawest16 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I
    My iPhone is still version 1.0.1(1C25) with the 03.14.08_G firmware and all I've done to it is jailbreak, add ringtones and changed the icons through the iPhone Skinner App. Is it safe for me to ugrade to 1.1.1? I've been searching everywhere and have heard different things from different people. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can I just restore from where Im at, straight to 1.1.1., or down to I need download 1.0.2 and go to that first?

OK, so I downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware and restored. So now my phone is version 1.0.2 but I find the 1.1.1 firmware to update to. iTunes in set to auto check for updates but still nothing. Any thought?
    Last edited by dawest16; 2007-10-26 at 01:34 AM.

i'm sure theres an easier way to do it but I updated to the newest iTunes and when it checked for the update it found 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by dawest16 View Post
    Can I just restore from where Im at, straight to 1.1.1., or down to I need download 1.0.2 and go to that first?

OK, so I downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware and restored. So now my phone is version 1.0.2 but I find the 1.1.1 firmware to update to. iTunes in set to auto check for updates but still nothing. Any thought?