Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 iphone wont go into recovery mode

Default 1.1.4 iphone wont go into recovery mode
    my 1.1.4 iphone wont go into recovery mode, i have tried holding down hme button while plugging it in, and the old way of hold sleep/awake and home button for 30 seconds doesn't work either what am i forgeting?

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    my 1.1.4 iphone wont go into recovery mode, i have tried holding down hme button while plugging it in, and the old way of hold sleep/awake and home button for 30 seconds doesn't work either what am i forgeting?
    There's no need to press Home+Power etc etc anymore, Just download ziphone and select the option to enter in DFU mode and your done . . . it will reboot your phone in DFU . . .cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    I dont know if that could be the problem but when you use the Home+Dock process, the phone must been shutted off out of the dock before reconnect it holding Home.

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

DFU Mode - You don't need to know what it stands for; you just need to know how to get there. Hold down the [SLEEP] and (HOME) button until your iPhone disconnects from your computer. I know, some people say "10 seconds" or whatever, but the BEST way to do this is to turn on your speakers and listen for the device to disconnect from the USB interface. When you hear this, let go of the [SLEEP] button, but KEEP ON HOLDING the (HOME) button until you hear the device connect again.

** Please note that while in DFU mode, you SHOULD NOT see anything on your screen. If you see a yellow triangle (1.0.2), an iPod cable (1.1.1) or a picture of your mom, you ARE NOT in DFU mode.

taken from here
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1328086