Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading an Unlocked IPSF Iphone

Default Upgrading an Unlocked IPSF Iphone
    I've read several posts and threads and I still haven't figured out how the upgrade of an iphone that was unlocked with IPSF should be done.
    The seller of IPSF first told just to click on update on itunes; here I read stuff about having to do a pre-upgrade on independence and having to reactivate the phone.
    So, what is the final and correct word on this (don't want to lock my phone....)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you want to be able to jailbreak and install 3rd party apps before you update you need to create the symlink or pre-upgrade. i`m on windows so it`s different. your ipsf unlocked phone will update fine without any problems. hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    if you want to be able to jailbreak and install 3rd party apps before you update you need to create the symlink or pre-upgrade. i`m on windows so it`s different. your ipsf unlocked phone will update fine without any problems. hope this helped.
    so I can just click on update without fear/risk that it will get locked, right ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by layman View Post
    so I can just click on update without fear/risk that it will get locked, right ?
    That's right. Did it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    That's right. Did it last night.
    Great. I'm gonna take the courage and do it.

can someone walk me through this process? as far as knowing what to do, i'm lost. do i pre-update and then update to 1.1.1 and then use IPSF to unlock from there? will my phone already be activated?