Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Jailbreak Problem

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Another Jailbreak Problem
    Got all the programs i needed from your awesome tutorials, however im getting a new problem that i have searched for and cannot find a solution for.

First off, im using Vista
    Now, i run jailbreak. first thing it says is:

Looking for iPhone...
    USBMuxListenerCreate: No error

Then i do the 25 second thing and it says:

Sending More Files...
    Booting iPhone...

It just stays there forever and the iphone boots up like normal. It does not let me into the iphone directories and basically gets me nowhere.
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Are you running the latest version of iTunes?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes i have the latest version, but i shut down itunes when i do the jail break program.

now its having a problem just restoring from itunes in general. uggggg so frustrating. well, i got no app or anything on there at all, barely got started modding. I still want to know what the problem is, itunes is giving me an error of 1603 for the faulty restore

found the solution for the 1603 problem.... http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305868

any ideas yet on the vista jailbreak issue.....or should i actually get some sleep and let you guys have some time to think?
    Last edited by bluemax189; 2007-07-26 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax189 View Post
    any ideas yet on the vista jailbreak issue.....or should i actually get some sleep and let you guys have some time to think?
    I'm actually using Windows XP Professional, but I was having the same problem as you. There was a prompt that came up asking me to allow it to install some hardware though. Once I let Windows do its thing, then the rest of the jailbreak install was successful. Sorry if this doesn't help. I just haven't seen anything in the guides asking to allow Windows to go through its install process, so I thought I'd offer it up.

Justin 8)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i got it all working now. restarted the computer and its all good now.

How did you get it to work with that problem? Because i am having the exact same problem. It wont go any further than "Booting iPhone".....then i wait and it says something like "you're going to have to hold it a little longer than that buddy!" Help....

i downloaded jailbreaker and everything put all the files in the correct folders and when I run jailbreaker it doesnt go any further than booting i phone.. just stays on that without doing anything else..

i restarted my comp and everything.. any help guys?

thanks man it worked!