Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 1.1.4, will I loose all my apps and configs?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Upgrading to 1.1.4, will I loose all my apps and configs?
    Hi, I bought a 1.1.1 iPhone, activated and jailbreaked it, installed several apps... everything looked cool.

I upgraded it to 1.1.2 following the instuctions on http://iphone.unlock.no, and succeded, but all my apps and configurations were lost. I was not surprised about the configurations, but the apps.... no idea why they disappeared.

No I have LOTS of apps and I worked hard to configure the iPhone to work nice in Argentina, and I'm afraid of upgrading it to 1.1.4.

One thing I did is moving all the applications to /var/root/ folder to gain space... how can I upgrade to the new firmware without loosing applications and data?

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

you cant every time you update a stock firmware is put on the phone meaning stock home screen and folders. you will have to rejailbreak and redo everything. sorry about that one.

No way man. The paths have changed on 1.1.3/1.1.4. How many apps call you "LOTS"?, I have 156 in my Applications folder, and many patches, when I jump from 1.1.1. Now, a few days after, I think that I have 174. ;-) You need only two or three days for recovery.

(sorry for my siouxglish)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ohh!!... I THOUGHT I had a lot....
    OK, the paths had changed.... can't I just change the application's folders from where they are to the new location, after the upgrade?
    I noticed some information where there in my last updrage, because many applications (after I reinstalled them) remembered their data...

Thanks.