Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best application for upgrading, jailbreaking, and installing fake baseband??

Default Best application for upgrading, jailbreaking, and installing fake baseband??
    Hi everybody...

So, im finally going to upgrade my 1.3 to 2.0 (beta if im not mistaken-there really needs to be some kind of instant chat client for forums-i need the constant interaction) and need to know what application is best for the job. i download Dev team's pwnagetool but failed to realize its currently only available for macs only.

So what do you guys think?-which application can upgrade me to 2.0, jailbreak and install fake baseband (suppose to be the ideal baseband since it can be later changed if so desired).

PS: i've had to manually back up all my apps (some, like nes emulator, ive had to download online from my pc). How do you guys back up your important applications before upgrading or do you just back up manually. This is my first time trying to back up information b4 an upgrade.

thxz

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

there's no point in backing up your apps for 2.0. they won't work. there's no fake baseband, just fake bootloader, and unfortunately pwnage is the best way to do it

thanks for the correctons and reply!