Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock Virgin iPhones v1.1.1 with

Default [Guide] Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock Virgin iPhones v1.1.1 with
    Ok I followed a few different guides in order to completely unlock my virgin 1.1.1 firmware Iphone with IPSF all from a WIndows system (you don't have to switch back and forth from mac and pc to activate).

This is what I did:

Use this ONLY if you have a BRAND NEW iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 NOTHING ELSE!

Text in red means you use WinSCP for that step, text in blue means you use Putty

I have made one zip file containing all the downloads that this guide tells you to get, so instead of individual links here is a zip archive of all the files/installers needed for this guide : http://d.turboupload.com/d/2098918/unlock111.zip.html
    ---------------------------

First we need to get to safari:

1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen

2. enter *#307# and then press call

3. Your phone will ring itself, press answer

4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again

5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen

6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact (Give it any name and a random URL, www.google.com is a good choice)

7. Now save your contact and then click on the URL, safari will open and say it cannot load the site. press ok

8. This is the crucial part Now press the home button and be ready to really quicky select your wifi network. As soon as you press the home button a small box will come up asking for a network. Choose your network (has to be open network) and if you did it right you will see a wifi signal on top of the iphone.

8a. Leave your phone like that now for a minute or two. Then shut down your iphone and restart.

8b. After the iPhone restarts it should have the Wifi icon showing at the top...if it does not do steps 1 - 8 again. (This is normal, took me 5 tries to get the Wifi)

9. Once the wifi is working, do steps 1 - 5 again.

9a. For the next step add another contact give it another name and this time add the address as >> http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/

10. Save the contact and then go to the 2nd url you just saved. Safari will load the page and then close automatically to the home screen (the screen that says activate iphone).

------------------

Alternate way to choose wifi step above: (RECOMMENDED)

Kudos to idutch for the tip!!

1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen

2. enter *#307# and then press call

3. Your phone will ring itself, press answer

4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again

5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen

6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact

7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as >> prefs://1F

8. Save it and click on the contact's homepage. this will take you straight into the setting menu of the iPhone, and you can take all the time to select a WIFI network!

---------------------------------------

Once thats done continue :

- Get TouchFree (it works on iPhone too) http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/touchfree-setup.exe (Get/Install .Net Framework 3.0 before you move on)

// If you are having trouble with touch free (like it gets stuck at step 2 and stuff, uninstall the old version and use this one : http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/touchfree-alpha.exe)

- Follow the steps on TouchFree (You have to shut down the iPhone 2 times during this process, it will tell you to do it even after the 2nd time you have done it but ignore that and close the program!)
    - After touchfree finishes you should restart your iphone and get to the springboard
    - Set auto-lock on your phone as "never" (on your iphone: Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Never)

Now you have a jailbroken 1.1.1 phone. All you need to do now is run IphoneSimfree 1.6

Here is how to get SimFree.app on to your iPhone by using AppTapp Installer.

1) Run Installer.app from your iPhone and select to install "Community Sources" from the list
    2) Open Mobile Safari from your iPhone and go to http://tinyurl.com/2uj9mc
    3) You will get a notice asking you to add the iPhoneSimFree repository to your Installer. Just accept and Installer will open. Click "refresh" and you will now have SimFree.app in the * iPhoneSimFree * on the top in Installer
    4) Select it and Install!

That should be everything. You should have a proper working Iphone 1.1.1 to use any GSM carrier. GOOD LUCK

anyone get this to work? i couldn't get to the answer call screen after the baseband called itself...it would just stay on the screen with the numbers and the call and cancel buttons. any suggestions?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ganther For This Useful Post:

sillnye (2007-10-22)

it takes a few tries sometimes. try turning off the phone and turning it back on. if you're connected to your pc disconnect and reconnect again. It took me a few tries to complete the first part too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bikerjeg For This Useful Post:

sillnye (2007-10-22)

hi....

got it...its bypassed activation, but now after installing installer and installing simfree app, i get the error that my sim card is not approved....please help...

thanks! i got past that part and completed the entire guide and everything worked as mentioned. i successfully jailbreaked the phone, and the installer and summerboard are working fine.

now i am having an issue getting my sim card to work. i installed simfree 1.6 successfully. then, i inserted my rogers sim card (fyi - i live in toronto, canada) and it says that it is an invalid sim. when i run the simfree application, it just starts and then closes. something seems to be wrong with the sim. i've read in places that this may be because i need to somehow activate the sim before i can get the phone to work on non-ATT GSM networks. the phone is v1.1.1 and i've also read that this may not be possible at this time.

any thoughts??? how do i activate my non-ATT SIM?? i'm so close. everything is working except for the phone functionality when i insert my SIM. help please!!!