Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: if you downgrade do you keep the features?

Default if you downgrade do you keep the features?
    no one has been able to answer this simple question. I have the 1.0.2 firmware on my unlocked (iUnlocker method) iPhone. My question is simple. I saw the features on the updated iPhone and I would really like to have them here. But if I upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware then downgrade back to the 1.0.2 firmware do I loose all the new features from the 1.1.1 version? I want the double tap home button feature and the increased volume and most of all the double tap space bar for the period. So please somone answer my question. If I upgrade then downgrade again do I retain all those features? Thanks a lot for all those taking the time to answer my questions!!!

15 people saw this post and not one person can answer this question?
    Last edited by Iman07; 2007-10-22 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

stop and think.... your downgrading the firmware version.. all the new stuff is in the new one......NO...... and if you did upgrade it would brick your phone...

i know it sounds like a stupid question but i just thought there was a way to retain all those features. anyway thanks. but is there a way to get those features at all? any hack or something?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hah yah i was gunna downgrade but wanteed the double click the home button and other stuff... umm no there isnt i dont htink but you should re-lock your iphone upgrade use ijailbreak to jailbreak it unlock it and ad all the stuff you want.... its a good 1-2 hour process but its worth it... i have 2 iphones 1 with AT&T for work and one for T-Mobile for personol use.... i did that to my unlcked.. now im happy =]