Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The OFFICIAL iPhone 2.0 Beta Hacking Thread currently (5A240d)

excuse me,
    i know this topic may have been gone over within the last eight pages but my question is what does 2.0 mean for us Tmobile customers, are our phones still going to be able to function like regular if we d/l the firmware?

Yes, your iphone will work normally.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halimayne View Post
    excuse me,
    i know this topic may have been gone over within the last eight pages but my question is what does 2.0 mean for us Tmobile customers, are our phones still going to be able to function like regular if we d/l the firmware?
    i think yhou should restore first!
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!

@halimayne: your phone will still work as normal
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

hey blista

i was really surprised how easy it was to get new software working etc but is there a version with a normal theme??

mainly tho thanks for all your info and help, been good to read up your stuff

@entwife: Thanks man, Um you can get a torrent and just use PWNAGE to create a custom .ipsw image and once you have created your custom .ipsw it will be jailbroken and unlocked but you will still have the default theme installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2.0 problem
    Hello. I installed today the firmware 2.0 5A345. Take a little more that 1.1.4 but ... Ok i installed and it is bricked ( slide for emargecy) . Now i can't jailbreak it,unlock it, active it with iliberty or ziphone . But that isn't the problem . The real problem is that i can't put my old 1.1.4 ... if i restore 1.1.4 it won't restore says : preparing for .... and then 1064 error. If i choose another version of 2.0 same error. But if i choose the 5A345 it will install. What can i do ? I need my phone cuz i'm going to a trip and without iphone i can't see how it will be

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halimayne View Post
    excuse me,
    Do not update.
    Until the dev's figured out a patch, shouldn't take more then a few days. Your phone will be locked and possibly bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by bilsta57 View Post
    @entwife: Thanks man, Um you can get a torrent and just use PWNAGE to create a custom .ipsw image and once you have created your custom .ipsw it will be jailbroken and unlocked but you will still have the default theme installed.
    Cheers bud. Will get that done. This is a really helpful thread.

edit.....
    just installed beta 2. 5a240d, it doesn't have itunes store or app store. thats cool and expected. locate me doesn't work now, but maps does (if a little slower), but on the plus side i can save pics from emails and safari, have contacts button, sexy calculator, multi move and delete emails etc and parental stuff, exchange and so on.

what is working seems to be working good, but im gonna use it for for 24 hours etc to test edge, battery life and reliability. if anyone else has any info etc that they think would help (life if it does crash loads from their experience let me know)
    Last edited by entwife; 2008-07-06 at 11:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iPhone beta 8
    if i have ATT Legit iPhone, The new iphone beta 8, and iTunes 7.7 Can i Successfully upgrade my 1.1.4 to 1.2 as well as back to 1.1.4 without bricking my phone?

Ok, I'm feeling very blonde ATM, even though I'm more of a redhead ...

I found a copy of the 2.0 Beta restore files (5A240D). I whipped out my handy dandy copy of iTunes and did a forced restore to the 2.0 beta files.

The phone 'restored' but now shows a permanent Apple logo.

Any thoughts on how to downgrade back to 1.1.4? Mac or PC doesn't matter
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2008-07-08 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added restore file version
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

@macboy1206: Yes, You should be able to but I would wait a few days for the full release of 2.0 to come out.

@Murfunit: Just use the old way to put into restore mode then hit restore the use iDemocracy 3 to handle the rest and thats pretty much it.

Bump....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restored from 1.1.1. to 2.0,now WHERE DO I START?
    The past couple of hours have been very eventful for my first generation iPhone. To summarize, after another night of playing with installer and all the "new" apps, a simple reboot and my phone went into "screwed" mode.After the restart it showed the start up screen with the apple logo and then switched to a black and white striped screen. It kept going back and forth every time after I rebooted. After reading posts about people with similar problems I decided to restore in iTunes without downgrading. It seemed like almost everyone out there was experiencing the 1601 error after restoring with a downgrade to 1.1.4. The phone was on 1.1.1. firmware, Jailbroken with T-mobile service.
    Since this is the official thread for 2.0 hacks and tricks I plea for your help as I have no patience to get my phone back to its previous use which was non-stop and for everything. I would appreciate everyones input and guidance.
    I encourage all the great minds out there working on this and I hope that after the results are proven,someone will find time to put together a detailed how to guide for all of us who know less about the iPhone and the way it works.
    All the noobies join in too. The more noise we make the faster it will happen. After all where there is Demand, there is Supply, sooner or later. In the mean time I'm open to all suggestions as I hate the thought of going back to my old Dash and having a bricked iPhone collecting dust.

Special thanks to bilsta57 for starting this too!

Thanks to all the teams in advance!
    Last edited by da_juice; 2008-07-19 at 05:03 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567