Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The OFFICIAL iPhone 2.0 Beta Hacking Thread currently (5A240d)

Cool iPhone 2.0
    Hi, I have an iPhone and I put 2.0 5a240d on it but i had no service can anyone help I need step by step instructions. Please if someone knows how to do it. Thnx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ralph franco For This Useful Post:

Jazz2k8 (2008-04-23)

Downgrade to 1.1.4 then use the 1.2 baseband eraser in installer from iclarifie then from there re-restore to 1.1.4 and download bootneuter from installer and select neuter and fakeblank and then make a PWNED 2.0 5A240D image it HAS to be PWNED because it keeps your old baseband and keeps unlocked... so after you created it you might want to re-pwn it then just upgrade to the 2.0 pwned image and it will be unlocked the easy way...
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

hello,
    my weather and maps won't start; could be something i installed, is there a way to restore easily? are there ready applications folders i can ssh to the iphone?

thanks a million
    FB
    FB

They should start, if not try to SSH into the iPhone and Chmod them to 0755 ....if you still have no luck just restore to 1.1.4 and try again

so for upgrading1.1.3 to 1.1.4 , do i need to "update from itunes first? and then iliberty or ziphone?, won't that lock my phone?
    FB

Yeh, but ZiPhone works best with a restore instead of an upgrade.... And yeh it prob will break the unlock... thats why ZiPhone Is here to help, it re-virginizes it then unlocks it fully and also activates and jailbreaks Finishing result: 1.1.4 Unlocked Activated and Jailbroken and fully working YouTube.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

can we install 3rd part apps?
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Nah, Not that I know of... There was someone that got it to work but again, That was prob the dev team anyway.... you can Install legit apps on the new build thats out however

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

new build?? legit apps??

please explain
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Well theres a new build just take a look at my blog post for the features and what not http://bilsta57.com/Blog and as for legit apps...theres an SDK out so you can install the apps you make in xcode directly to your iPhone (This was present in all 2.0 beta builds though, its not new)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bilsta57 For This Useful Post:

nokian93 (2008-04-27)

Quote Originally Posted by bilsta57 View Post
    Well theres a new build just take a look at my blog post for the features and what not http://bilsta57.com/Blog and as for legit apps...theres an SDK out so you can install the apps you make in xcode directly to your iPhone (This was present in all 2.0 beta builds though, its not new)
    Hi bilsta57, I have a question about pwning. I followed a tutorial about this program on this forum. I`m in the UK with an O2 IPhone. I`ve got the latest pwnage 1.1 software and the 2 Bootloader files. I`m on a mac with Leopard and the latest iTunes 7.6.2. I restored it to 1.1.4 (4A102) and then used Browse ipsw to a folder on my mac containg the downloaded 1.1.4 version.ipsw, the console gave me the usual messages. Then I pwn`d it and once I`d put it in recovery mode it ran the process and after about 5 minutes it rebooted, all OK so far. I then wanted to make a custom ipsw file so I used that option and selected the downloaded iTunes ipsw file and all the options and BL 4.6 and saved that file in a different folder on my mac. It took a while making this file but all was OK. I then put the iPhone in recovery mode and proceeded to restore when ITunes prompted me, it contacted the iTunes store and said my 1.1.4 was up to date but I wanted to use the custom ipsw so pressed restore expecting a browser window allowing me to select a restore from my custom ipsw, instead I think it`s defaulting to restore from the original iTunes ipsw. Is this due to iTunes 7.6.2 not allowing a choice of where to restore from or should I have my custom ipsw in the same folder as the original ITunes ipsw ? Hope you can help me ? Thanks

Is it possible to copy the 802.x wireless profile from thw 2.0 beta over to 1.1.4?
    I'm running 2.0 now but it doesn't have installer and SSH.
    Any tips on how to extract the 802.x profile?

Just hold down the ALT/Option key as you click Restore in iTunes and it will let you choose where ur custom .ipsw file is

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bilsta57 For This Useful Post:

milocoon (2008-04-27)

Default A few more questions
    Thanks for the answer to my last question, I have a few more questions.

1) Does it matter if I have the O2 sim (this is the one that came with the phone) or do I need to put the Orange sim in that I will be using when I initially pwn the phone and when I restore the custom.ipsw software ?

2) I`m using mac Leopard and wondered if there was an "easy" way to check which bootloader was on my iphone, mainly to reassure myself that it has worked okay ?

3) I`ve heard the phrase "virginize the iPhone" on this forum, can you tell me what the difference is between this and a restore to the current 1.1.4 (4A102) using the original apple.ipsw ?

4) Would a restore by the apple.ipsw replace the bootloader if it was newer than the version on the iPhone or is the only way to do this by using the custom.ipsw that I`ve made with the boot neuter option selected for 4.6 (I selected all the options when I made this file ) ?

Thanks again for your help !

@milocoon:

1) No it dm if you have the 02 sim

2)Nah, Its actually not the easiest thing to do (If you know how to do it manually.... just do it that way with bb) Plus it more than likely 100,000% has bootloader 4.6 seeming as its o2 i'm pretty sure on this as u couldn't unlock the o2 phones for quite some time lol..

3)You wont need to virginize its just for ppl that have stuffed their iPhone unlocking it with anySIM etc. so that they could in turn take it back to apple if there was a problem and get it fixed..

4) No, It wont replace the bootloader

Hope that answers your questions

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bilsta57 For This Useful Post:

milocoon (2008-04-28)

Can I know if I can downgrade back to 1.1.4 after I do an upgrade? Anyone have to steps to do so?

yeh, just connect it, put it into restore mode... then when you go to click restore hold down ALT/Option for mac or SHIFT for windows as you click restore and select the 1.1.4 .ipsw file and it will restore it for you ....

Hi bilsta57, I`ve managed to upgrade with my custom.ipsw using the "alt key". I found an app called Baseband Info which I installed on my iPhone by adding www.trejan.com/irepo to my installer sources. It will tell you all sorts of cool info about your iPhone, and the most crucial, what bootloader you have, it turns out my brand new iPhone has the old 3.9 BL and my s/n has 44 in it so it is in fact OLD stock but brand new.
    Now that I`m happy with pwnage I might try your Beta version, it`s asked above but I read somewhere that if I upgrade to this version what happens to the baseband ?
    I can easily restore it to 1.1.4 but do I need to worry about restoring the baseband (I`m not really sure what the baseband is ? Baseband Info tells me currently Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G, EEPROM V 208, EEPROM Rev 1, BootL 4.6M3S2 and my IMEI))

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the 2.0 firmware but how can I jailbreak/activate my iphone im using windows vista and windows xp OS I see on installer app about 2.0 unlocking aps but never try to restore my iphone into 2.0 firmware..can anyone give me an idea on how to unlock 2.0 or jailbreak/activate my iphone into 2.0

at your service

Ok, I hosed up and loaded the 2.0 that is circling around. It called back to the mothership via iTunes and told me that I was not authorized to run the 2.0 beta. Dandy! So I tried to back it down to 1.1.4 and now it gives me a 1015 error. I can load 225 on it or 240d. They act differently but there does not seem to be a way to hactivate a fresh 225 or 240d loaded iPhone. Anyone see anything? I really would like to use my iPhone before June :-D

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast