Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Upgrade Confusion

Exclamation iPhone Upgrade Confusion
    I am currently using an unlocked iPhone using 1.0.2.. Is there any reason to upgrade to 1.1.1 and deal with the unlocking process again. I assume the downgrading process will reverse all of the 1.1.1 features.

M

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Upgrading to 1.1.1 will enable the iTunes store, fix a volume problem and a few other things.
    "I assume the downgrading process will reverse all of the 1.1.1 features."

Not sure what you mean by that. Strangely, if you have a new phone with 1.1.1, you do have to downgrade before you upgrade. The additional features are nice and worth the trouble, but the process can be complicated but it can be done if you CAREFULLY follow the guides written by the guru's here.

For me its just the challenge of doing something that most people cant do.
    "

Default 1.0.2
    Just to clarify, my phone is still and always has been using 1.0.2. I bought the phone and had it unlocked using jailbreak. I HAVE NOT upgraded to 1.1.1 as of yet, as it would brick the phone. I have been waiting for the "go-a-head" to upgrade to 1.1.1..

I thought that if I upgrade to 1.1.1. it would lock the phone. I then have to downgrade to 1.0.2 and go through the unlocking process again.
    Last edited by madman604; 2007-10-21 at 06:27 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

no, if you are running 1.0.2 you will probably not have to do that. Get a copy of the new iNdependence 1.2.4. get it running and go to the help file. In that file is an excellent guide for upgrading to 1.1.1. There is somoe kind of preparation that is done to make 1.1.1 unlockable and iNdependence 1.2.4 can do it all for you. Seriously, check it out. It is the best documented app I have seen around here. Let me know how it goes. I am a relative noob around here but the help guide helped me.

There will not be a problem since I Jailbreaker was used originally?

I will down load and have a read.

Thanks, and I look forward to your reply.

My buddy that unlocked my iphone just informed me that he used iUnlock. This means, I assume, that there is no upgrading for me.
    Last edited by madman604; 2007-10-21 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

once a iphone has been locked twice, is it useless can it be unlocked again????????????
    i need help

Quote Originally Posted by easty111 View Post
    once a iphone has been locked twice, is it useless can it be unlocked again????????????
    i need help
    If you read some of the posts on this site, you'll find that many have locked and unlocked their phones numerous times.