Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wiki instructions not working ... Trip1Prepz gives "main script execution failed" msg

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Wiki instructions not working ... Trip1Prepz gives "main script execution failed" msg
    Someone help!

Even though there's no GUI for OS X to upgrade 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and jailbreak (I don't need unlock, just 3rd party apps), I decided to attempt the instructions in the wiki.

I am currently on 1.0.2 and have Installer.app up and running. I've visited http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta and added the community source so that I can see both Trip1Prepz and Trip1PogoStick. But when I try to install Trip1Prepz, I get an error that states: "Main script execution failed!". I read on some other message board that Trip1Prepz is actually not necessary, and to run Trip1PogoStick. I get the same error when I do that.

So what's going on? What are the errors about? Do I need to actually run Trip1Prepz or not? If not, where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance, to whomever.

Default same here
    I am having the ezact same problem

You absolutely will need trip1prepz OR to move the media folder and create the simlink like some guides will tell you how, if you dont do either when you upgrade to 1.1.1 you will have a phone thats jailed and cant be activated
    Last edited by deanr; 2007-10-23 at 12:11 AM.

I'm also getting the "main script execution failed" error message. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Same. Kind of weird that this error seems to be happening in just these past 2 days. Maybe something happened recently?

If anyone knows anything about this please let us know.

Thanks,
    Korupt3d

if you are running the newest installer.app reinstall the old one, then install Trip1prepz from there