Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth Grayed out, Wi-Fi ok

Default Bluetooth Grayed out, Wi-Fi ok
    I got a serious problem here. I'm using an 8GB iPhone, 1.1.2 OTB (bootloader 4.6) and a couple of months back I updated to 1.1.3 (not with ZiPhone). It was working fine until few days back, my bluetooth suddenly gone!! In Settings -> General, my bluetooth section was grayed out showing "Unavailable", and when I go into About page, the bluetooth MAC address is 00:00:00:00:00:00.

I tried to google around, but most cases are wifi and bluetooth are zero mac address (almost brick). Hardly see anyone with my case.

As far as I know, the wifi mac address can be edited using some tool, as its mac address is +1 greater than the bluetooth. So my question is, is there any tool for me to edit my bluetooth mac address so that I can revive it? I'm not sure whether upgrading/virginizing my iphone could help, but that would still be the last resort. I was thinking to edit the bluetooth mac address and see if it works again like before.

Btw, it was in the morning that day. Then I installed Pysl and Danimator 9.0, and found out that the bluetooth is gone in the evening, suspected them to cause such problem, already uninstalled but the problem still there. Anyone to help me pleassseeee....couldn't live without the bluetooth, especially it comes handy while driving...

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

If I were you I would take this opportunity to restore to 1.1.4. I have never heard of the bluetooth being grayed out like that but it's possible something happened to whatever driver file the iPhone uses for bluetooth during your recent software install.

The fist step is to determine if this is a hardware or software issue. Only good way of doing that is to first try a restore to see if it starts working again on a fresh install. If you restore then find bluetooth is still grayed out ... I would be at a loss.