Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A restore on a jailbroken phone

Default A restore on a jailbroken phone
    Hello All. I have a jailbroken Iphone. 1.1.2 OTB. I have been having problems with it and would like to restore it. Should I restore it from the 1.1.2 (The otb versions) or restore it with the 1.1.4? Also what would be the best software to unlock and and use activate it. I use t-mobil

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Download 1.1.4firmware ispw file... Google it... type iPhone 1.1.4 firmware ispw download or similar keywords to get the iPhone.... (NOT IPOD OR YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE)... Then do a restore... go youtube to search for tutorial videos... tonnes of it there... but i'll give u a summary of it...

1. connect iphone, let itunes sync
    2. go into DFU mode (press home and sleep until u see iphone in itunes disappears and release sleep button right away, still holding the home... till itunes detect iphone in recovery mode)...
    3. press shft+restore button in itunes and look for the 1.1.4 ispw file...
    4. wait for itunes to restore your phone...
    5. once done u should be at the activation screen where u can see 'slide for emergency'.... DONT SLIDE lol.....
    6. disconnect ur phone.... and switch it off..........
    7. when the phone is switched off, press home button while connecting to pc.... STILL HOLDING home button...
    8. itunes detects iphone in recovery once again (NOT DFU)... use iLiberty of pwnage to jailbreak your phone... follow instructions from there OR... once again search for tutorial vid in youtube!!

Hope that helps cheeers..

Thanks. I just did an restore from Itunes and a upgrade to 1.1.4 I then used ziphone (For the mac) to unlock it and activate it. Took me 10 mins tops. I think it was anew version of izphone.