Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REVIRGINIZE YOUR IPHONE 1.0.2 - 100% Working (Hackint0sh.org)

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    how can i run IPSF?
    I did it this way:

in the command window on the iPhone (Putty or whatever you use) type:

cd /Applications/SimFree.app
    ./bbsimfree

wh0a. thanks a lot. this guide helped a shitload. I'm currently now have a virgin iphone. I just updated too 1.1.1 and it worked fine via itunes. now about to run anysim.

thanks a lot!!!!!
    Last edited by DeadCode2k; 2007-10-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Napsju View Post
    CONFIRMED!!!

Works! (Using T-Mobile NL)

Now updated to 1.1.1 and unlocked again.

Edit:
    History:
    1.1.1 out of the box
    1.0.2 + bb 3.14 downgrade + anySIM 1.0.2
    1.0.2 virginized using this revirginizer
    1.1.1 update with correct IMEI
    1.1.1 unlocked with anySIM 1.1
    where is the tutorial of unlocking 1.1.1 version with anySIM 1.1 ?? is it a must that we must downgrade to unlock...so we can't enjoy any advantage from the new update right?

ok I have only one more question. How do I activate my jailbroken 1.1.1 with my tmobile sim card?

@ tientoan,

You can just use the latest iNdepenence to jailbreak and install SSH on your clean 1.1.1 Then move anySIM.app to the /Applications folder using Cyberduck (mac) or winSCP (win) and restart your phone.

Then run anySIM and your phone should be unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Napsju View Post
    @ tientoan,

You can just use the latest iNdepenence to jailbreak and install SSH on your clean 1.1.1 Then move anySIM.app to the /Applications folder using Cyberduck (mac) or winSCP (win) and restart your phone.

Then run anySIM and your phone should be unlocked.
    man.. if we jailbreak the phone, we must downgrade it to 1.0.2 right?
    so it means we can't enjoy the new feature of 1.1.1 right? so what's the point?

Just read the readme.

To downgrade the firmware on your phone if you are using 1.1.1:
    Please note that you can skip this part if you are already using the 1.0.2 firmware.

First, check the firmware version that's reported in the status line at the bottom of the iNdependence window. If it doesn't say Firmware 1.1.1 then you don't need to downgrade.
    Download the 1.0.2 firmware file from Apple.
    If your web browser didn't automatically decompress that file to a folder, then change the file extension from .ipsw to .zip so that it becomes iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.zip and unzip it yourself by right-clicking (or Ctrl-clicking) it, selecting Open With from the menu, and then selecting BOMArchiveHelper.
    You now should have a folder named iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore containing all of the firmware files as well as a file named either iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.zip (if you had to rename it in the previous step) or iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw (if you didn't have to rename it).
    If you have a file named iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.zip, then change it's file extension from .zip back to .ipsw so that it becomes iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw again.
    Launch iNdependence.
    Select the Firmware tab and press the Enter DFU Mode button.
    You'll be prompted to choose the directory where you unzipped the firmware files. Select the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore directory (not the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw file).
    If you get an error message saying Error entering recovery mode then quit iNdependence, restart it, and try entering DFU mode again (you don't need to do the firmware steps again).
    After you see the success message, click OK and then quit iNdependence.
    Launch iTunes. You should see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode .... Press the OK button.
    Now, hold down the Option key while you click the Restore button in iTunes.
    You should then be presented with a file chooser dialog. Select the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw file this time (not the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore directory).
    iTunes should then begin to restore the firmware on your phone. This will take a while.
    You will get a message from iTunes at the end saying that the iPhone could not be restored. This is normal (and expected). The restore actually worked fine, but the error is shown because the modem firmware could not be downgraded (which is ok).
    You should now see a yellow triangle on the screen of your iPhone, and iTunes telling you that you need to restore again. Don't do this!
    Quit iTunes and then launch iNdependence again.
    iNdependence will kick the phone out of recovery mode and after a few seconds you should see the main screen with Activate iPhone message on it.
    Congratulations! You've successfully downgraded your phone to firmware 1.0.2.

To upgrade to 1.1.1 so that you can activate/jailbreak your phone:
    Please note that if you have used anySIM or other free SIM unlocking solutions (anything except for the iPhoneSimFree solution), and you upgrade to 1.1.1, it will wipe out the SIM unlock and render the phone and text message part of your phone inoperable. Everything else will still work though.

Check the firmware version that's reported in the status line at the bottom of the iNdependence window. If it doesn't say 1.0.2 (or lower) then you'll need to downgrade your firmware using the instructions above.
    Activate your phone using the 1.0.2 activation instructions.
    Jailbreak your phone using the 1.0.2 jailbreak instructions.
    Install SSH on your phone using the instructions below.
    Ensure that your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network (read the iPhone manual for instructions on how to set up Wi-Fi). Also ensure that it's IP address does not conflict with any other devices on your Wi-Fi network (sorry, I can't offer network admin help).
    Get the IP address for your phone by launching the Settings application on the phone, navigating to Wi-Fi and pressing the blue arrow beside the name of the Wi-Fi network that your phone is connected to.
    Select the Firmware tab and press the Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade button.
    Enter the IP address of the phone and the root password (see below for the default root password if you didn't change it when you installed SSH).
    Follow the instructions given in the dialog windows. If iNdependence gives you a warning about host verification failure and asks to edit your known_hosts file, choose the Yes option (which is now the default).
    Once you are told to upgrade using iTunes, quit iNdependence, and select the Update button in the iTunes window (not the Restore button).
    Wait for iTunes to finish.
    Quit iTunes and relaunch iNdependence. In the status bar at the bottom of the iNdependence window you should see Firmware 1.1.1.
    Congratulations! You are now ready to activate/jailbreak your phone using the instructions below.
    Please note that you should not use iTunes with your phone at this point. Your phone is in a state that iTunes is not expecting and it will report that you only have 300 MB of disk space if you use it. Wait until you have completed activation or jailbreak to use your phone with iTunes again.

To activate your phone:
    Ensure that you've upgraded to 1.1.1 using the special upgrade method mentioned above.
    Select the Activation tab and press the Activate Phone button.
    You should see a message saying Waiting for jail break.... Please be patient as it will take a while to do this. It may appear that iNdependence is locked up, but it's not, it's just working very hard.
    Wait for the success message. Note that the activation process will also enable YouTube for you.
    To jailbreak your phone:
    Note that this will be done automatically if you activate with 1.1.1.

Ensure that you've upgraded to 1.1.1 using the special upgrade method mentioned above.
    Select the Jailbreak tab and press the Perform Jailbreak button.
    You should see a message saying Waiting for jail break.... Please be patient as it will take a while to do this. It may appear that iNdependence is locked up, but it's not, it's just working very hard.
    Wait for the success message.
    Installing and Configuring SSH
    Installing SSH is a breeze once your phone is jailbroken. Just choose the SSH tab and press the Install SSH/SCP/SFTP button. Then follow the instructions.

The default accounts on the phone are:

username: root
    password: dottie

username: mobile
    password: alpine

Remember to change the default passwords after installing SSH using the Change Password button. I'm not responsible if someone hacks your phone.

Thanks

I'v done this and it works perfectly!!
    Signature? Why?

anyone who has upgraded to 1.1.1 using this method, had any issue's with youtube not working?

Thanks

No issues here. I have upgraded with this method twice! Youtube and iTunes worked from the start. You should try it again. Your phone is and will stay unlocked.
    Signature? Why?

Thanks

Hm when im in putty it says the unload is a illegal option....

Alright i did it, updating now, wooo that was scary i thought i messed it up for a minute during it
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2007-10-21 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi guis. I have 1.0.2 unlocked with iUnlock. Now when try to use this precedure after use SimFree the message say "The Phone Alredy Unlocked" and nothing. On the site where must to put my imei receive the 404 error. Any idea????

P.S. When i write the command on SSh terminal i don't receive messages - is this normal???

Thanks a lot

Unhappy SimFree Error
    I got the same error. SimFree keeps telling me "already unlocked". I really hope someone can answer that question, I have read in hackintosh forums and nothing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did the bbupdate to reflash things. am running ipsf again. How long should I expect to wait for the invalid token message? last time I ran it it took over an hour, and never finished...
    I still use Windows sometimes.

Default Question
    I have a unlocked 1.0.2 phone, im just wondering what the motivation for going to the trouble of installing and unlocking 1.1.1? Just the wirelss itunes store thing?

Hi Need Help

When i reach this step

2. Change your DNS server in Wi-Fi settings of your iphone to 129.21.116.152 (required)

3. Run IPSF
    a. it will say invalid token/error update token, this is normal
    b. if it says something else, that isn't normal

Instead of token/error update token i get
    "Unlock failed. Error unlock is currently unauthorized or unavailable for this phone. PLease contact your retailer"

What this means..... can't I virginize my iphone in order to upgrade to 1.1.1 and unblock again?

I have a 1.0.2 iphone unblocked using anysim. Im using simfree 1.6

please i need help here

Sorry.. I've searched and I havn't come across anything about this:

When typing in: ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

I'm getting:
    zsh: text file busy: ./bbupdater

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Seem to have fixed it by restarting the iPhone... suggested by ReVan in another guide of his.
    Last edited by jackyk; 2007-10-27 at 04:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a question...

im one of the dummys that upgraded with an unlocked phone...

i have already downgraded it back to 1.0.2...

but its still bricked...

will this fix it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12