Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5a240d Leaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default 5a240d Leaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it was leaked 31 mins ago
    available through same methods as b4... DONT POST/ASK FOR LINKS TO WAREZ

go wer u went b4 and u will find it

Thanks

im downloading it now, but pwnage doesnt support it yet
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

downloading 2 will have to wait for the dev team to give us the green light!!!!!

No 5a240d does work with the Pwnage tool.. just open up the contents of PwnageTool and make a copy of the 2.0 5a225c folder, rename it to fit 5a240d, and PwnageTool will be able to detect and activate it

It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alnandr View Post
    No 5a240d does work with the Pwnage tool.. just open up the contents of PwnageTool and make a copy of the 2.0 5a225c folder, rename it to fit 5a240d, and PwnageTool will be able to detect and activate it

It worked for me.
    thanks just tried that, im still downloading ill let you know if it works for me too.

how is it running? is it smoother then 5a255c?
    Last edited by antholyhotdamn; 2008-04-12 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It worked for me.
    What was the exact string you used to name the folder?

so far not working, maybe i need more detailed instructions? please?

does anyone know the differance between this version and the previous leaked one?
    Trying is the first step to failure

Find Pwnagetool app then right click and click show package contents, then click on the contents file, then click on the resources file, then navigate to the 5a225c file, copy it, then paste it in resources, but rename it to iPhone1,1_1.2.0_5a240d, then try to pwn your iphone and make a custom restore file and i should work just like it should, hope this helps, haven't tested it yet but i will post back with the results

no, doesn't work, disregard that last post, have to wait for the new release of the pwnagetool
    Last edited by NoHands; 2008-04-13 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah did not work. anyone got any other ideas? i tried doing it through itunes, so far i havent been able to get back to 1.1.4 or past the red screen.

OK, I don't have an excuse, I must just be stupid.

I've tried going to the range and hunting iso's and I've tried talking with ol' peg leg himself, but neither of these two attempts have directed me to the gold.

Anyone got any hints for the stupid people amongst you.

EDIT: found it!!! - just needed to look into a little star!!
    Last edited by qldscottie; 2008-04-13 at 01:47 AM.

go to old peg leg and search iphone, then click uploaded, to sort the torrents by when they were uploaded one of the most recent torrents will be the pot of gold. however becareful with it, i couldnt get pwnage to work with it so i tried going through itunes, got a pink screen of death and now cant restore back to 1.1.4 i get a 1604 error. anyone got any ideas?

It worked for me.
    you gotta explain this i tried it and got my phone all ****** up, how did you do this?
    Last edited by antholyhotdamn; 2008-04-13 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if you get error 1604 you are trying to restore in restore mode you need to be in dfu mode, hold the sleep wake button for exactly 10 seconds(use a stopwatch) and also hold the home button for about 25 seconds while plugged into itunes

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

OK.. i have become a sheep and downloaded the firmware. What next? Why is everyone jumping the gun and using this instead of 1.1.4? I know this beta version has 'some' extra features but can anyone tell me why is 1.2 so special at the moment? Appstore dont work.... I have heard installer dont work either... and even if it does, the apps are not fully compatible with the current apps... so can anyone give me a reason to jump the gun and upgrade my phone to it?

PwnageTool doesn't not support it yet.

Even if you changed everything in the app itself to recognize the file...it refuses to patch even the first thing (DeviceTree). So unless you know advanced hacking, you won't get into it...and if you know that much of hacking...why not write the next pwnage update? =/

It worked for me.
    im gonna go ahead and call ******** on this one. Not because I dont believe you, but because thats impossible.

-------------

BTW, to whoever said that it fails at devicetree... it doesnt fail at devicetree if you edit ipswpatches.plist correctly. It recognizes the ipsw and then when you build the ipsw (assuming you edited the plist right and changed the filenames to the ramdisk patch files) it wil fail at creating the UDRW of the root filesystem.
    Last edited by bboyredcel; 2008-04-13 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bboyredcel View Post
    im gonna go ahead and call ******** on this one. Not because I dont believe you, but because thats impossible.

-------------

BTW, to whoever said that it fails at devicetree... it doesnt fail at devicetree if you edit ipswpatches.plist correctly. It recognizes the ipsw and then when you build the ipsw (assuming you edited the plist right and changed the filenames to the ramdisk patch files) it wil fail at creating the UDRW of the root filesystem.
    RIGHT ON ALL COUNTS! ******** THAT ANYONE GOT THIS FIRMWARE WORKING WITH PWNAGE 1.0 I AM NO NOOB AND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!

PWANAGE TOOL 1.1 OUT SUPPORTS 5a240d
    Last edited by NoHands; 2008-04-15 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how do i activate the 2.0 5A240d? i have it jailbroken now what how do i activate?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph franco View Post
    how do i activate the 2.0 5A240d? i have it jailbroken now what how do i activate?
    Use Pwnage, it should work just fine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast