Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [FIX] iPhone Virginzer - fix your seczone & NVRAM

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

I did this successfully on two phones today unlocked using first version of iUnlock. If you need any help through the process with commands and such, I'll be happy to help

well i followed cash baseband downgrade and when i got to the line ierase, then i just ran it, then i just put my phone in restore mode and i think that fixed it too. did it ona mac as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default activate your iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverJim View Post
    My phone is bricked and only wants to be activated by connecting to itunes. How do i get past this screen to the home screen so I can use installer.app to complete your steps? Thanks.

first download AppTapp installer and run it:
    http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe

then activate:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/52087915/PACAY.rar.html

go there and download that...it's a 1-click activation
    Last edited by absolutchrys; 2007-10-20 at 07:18 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to absolutchrys For This Useful Post:

DenverJim (2007-10-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So we can simply update to 1.1.1 and not have to unlock from within 1.1.1?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is anyone else having issues downloading the zip file? It keeps failing for me. Can someone upload it here?

Quote Originally Posted by nzbullet View Post
    Is anyone else having issues downloading the zip file? It keeps failing for me. Can someone upload it here?

The same problem - unable to download file. Can anyone upload to www.rapidshare.com or other working hosting?

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by xadnanx View Post
    Interesting bro... atleast you could have written, where and who posted this instructions.. Well I dont know what it didnt work for others, but it worked for me. Before i published it online I tested it on 3 patched 1.0.2 iphones.
    xadnanx rocks! thanks for your posting, sir. I followed it to a T and am exactly where I should be.. unlock'd, fully functional and on the 1.1.1 update.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    xadnanx rocks! thanks for your posting, sir. I followed it to a T and am exactly where I should be.. unlock'd, fully functional and on the 1.1.1 update.
    Sounds great, congratulations.

Can you give me a hint how to download the IMEI based seczone file? When I try http://129.21.116.152:49973/seczones...xxxxxxxxxx.bin (with all the x being my 15 digit IMEI) I get an 404 error from the web site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJim View Post
    My phone is bricked and only wants to be activated by connecting to itunes. How do i get past this screen to the home screen so I can use installer.app to complete your steps? Thanks.
    Use PACAY.

Quote Originally Posted by rwmotorsports View Post
    So we can simply update to 1.1.1 and not have to unlock from within 1.1.1?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by PASHKA View Post
    The same problem - unable to download file. Can anyone upload to www.rapidshare.com or other working hosting?

Thank You
    Done. See main post.

Quote Originally Posted by nextman View Post
    Sounds great, congratulations.

Can you give me a hint how to download the IMEI based seczone file? When I try http://129.21.116.152:49973/seczones...xxxxxxxxxx.bin (with all the x being my 15 digit IMEI) I get an 404 error from the web site.
    Change your DNS in your WiFi as mentioned, put your Auto-Lock to Never, run IPSF when you get the Invalid Token error. That's when you can download you .bin file by mentioning (YOUR IMEI) ending with the .bin extension.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

coiledserpent (2007-10-22), nextman (2007-10-20)

OMG PLEASE HELP... I was half way through this process and then read that my baseband must be original. So I jumped over to http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow..._OSX#Step_Nine to follow the instructions (starting from step 10)
    During step 12 when I went to type "launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter" i was told "launchctl remove error: No such process"... I assumed this meant it was not there thus did not to be unloaded. When I got to step 16 (after flashing the baseband) i got...
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    baseband unresponsive to pinging
    Done

I should have got...

So I tried re-running # bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls

But I got...
    Preparing to flash using /dev/tty.baseband at 750000 baud
    Please reset target
    Resetting target...
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 10.0 sec.
    Retry attempt 1
    Resetting target...
    Retry attempt 2
    Resetting target...

I hope I didn't just brick my phone... I still have it on and have not rebooted it. Please help :s

Another confirmed success. Downgraded using this guide, updated to 1.1.1 using Independence, and unlocked using AnySim.

Thanks for this guide!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noobist View Post
    OMG PLEASE HELP... I was half way through this process and then read that my baseband must be original. So I jumped over to http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow..._OSX#Step_Nine to follow the instructions (starting from step 10)
    During step 12 when I went to type "launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter" i was told "launchctl remove error: No such process"... I assumed this meant it was not there thus did not to be unloaded. When I got to step 16 (after flashing the baseband) i got...
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    baseband unresponsive to pinging
    Done

I should have got...

So I tried re-running # bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls

But I got...
    Preparing to flash using /dev/tty.baseband at 750000 baud
    Please reset target
    Resetting target...
    Retry attempt 1
    Resetting target...
    Retry attempt 2
    Resetting target...

I hope I didn't just brick my phone... I still have it on and have not rebooted it. Please help :s
    There is NO command such as launchctl remove its launchctl unload -w Please read the text correctly!

It is on this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow..._OSX#Step_Nine which is what i went to when I got to this step 3. Run IPSF; it won't work if your flash isn't original so bbupdate first(the fw version doesn't matter)

I think the problem was caused by running "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist " from this guide.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Problem half way through
    I have a problem half way thru.

when i type this:
    # /usr/u/iUnlock 314secpack 011245009080134.bin_loader
    i get this result:

Code:
    iUnlock v43.hiBaud -- Copyright 2007 The dev team

Credits: Daeken, Darkmen, guest184, gray, iZsh, pytey, roxfan, Sam, uns, Zappaz, Zf

314secpack: No such file or directory
    why is it giving me the 314secpack: No such file or directory?

I have uploaded the files 314secpack and 011245009080134.bin_loader to my /usr/u/ directory

Please help

EDIT:figuered it out - code should have been:

# /usr/u/iUnlock /usr/u/314secpack /usr/u/011245009080134.bin_loader

Ok so I think this has worked but a couple of quick questions.

1. How do you know it has definetly worked and you are ok to update to 1.1.1

2. Do you just do a normal update to 1.1.1 or should I use iNdependence or another program like it?

3. Once updated will I need to re-unlock or will it be unlocked?
    Last edited by nzbullet; 2007-10-20 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Little help here.

Currently running 1.0.2 unlocked using iunlock. I dont need to have it unlocked anymore (moved over to att). I want to update to 1.1.1 but I want my mods and 3rd parts apps.

Should I follow this guide?

Thanks

Default "Normal" error ?
    When i execute the command "./bbupdater -e eeprom.eep" I get this message:
    ---Start output---------------------------
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Reading SW version data
    Error: couldn't retrieve version information: File not found.
    Upgrade from ??/ to
    ??/
    Downloading EEP
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Start downloading from file eeprom.eep.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending sec-pack.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Load region 0
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Sending end-pack.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Checksum OK.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Verify OK
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 1741 msec.
    Resetting target...
    Done
    ---End output--------------------------------------------------------------

In addition the next command "/bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" replied with
    ---Start output--------------------------------------------------------------
    nothing found to load
    ---End output--------------------------------------------------------------

Is it ok to reeboot my phone or is the error message above not ok?

EDIT:
    I have found out the last part of my question myself: the instructions are missing the "-w" option for the last command. So it should be

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Once I did this (without rebooting) my phone is working (I can call out) but it does not show the provider name in the status line anymore (allthough it shows full signal strenght and calling works). Strange, isn't it...

So I still do not dare to reboot the phone because of the error from bbupdater. Any ideas if this is normal and ok to reboot?
    Last edited by nextman; 2007-10-20 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Found something myself....

Thanks

Alright two questions here as i do this.
    I am running 1.0.2 and unlocked, should i virginize my baseband first? And how do I change a DNS server? Many Thanks to whoever gives me a hand on this and to the guys who figured this out.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Alright two questions here as i do this.
    I am running 1.0.2 and unlocked, should i virginize my baseband first?
    As far as I understand (and did on my iPhone) it it is all in the instructions, no extra steps needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    And how do I change a DNS server? Many Thanks to whoever gives me a hand on this and to the guys who figured this out.
    On the iPhone go to "Settings" - "Wi-Fi", tap the blue arrow on your active connection. There you will find the settings and can change the DNS address. Better write down the old DNS, so you can restore it later.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nextman For This Useful Post:

DoerrFan (2007-10-20)

duh..nevermind
    Last edited by k0mpresd; 2007-10-20 at 03:41 PM.

Default Broken Wifi
    Unfortunately few days ago my wifi died on the phone. it sees networks which are right next to the phone but can not connect, wifi chip not working properly(yes i restored and reset multiple times). I am afraid to take to the apple store because the first thing they will do is upgrade to 1.1.1 and my phone is unlocked. Is there any possibility to do this without wifi?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast