Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [FIX] iPhone Virginzer - fix your seczone & NVRAM

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    is the server still up so i can start this process?
    10:29 central... looks like it:

http://129.21.116.152:49973/ resolves and comes up just fine, so the full (Your IMEI).bin URL should work too.

Make sure you do it (accessing the the full (Your IMEI).bin URL) in order and *not before* the other steps are completed, otherwise you'll get a 404 error (this is one time you can't get *all* of the files you'll need before starting... meaning the .bin file.)
    - iPhoneWriter.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This revirginizing work as a charm.. However I still bricked my phone trying to update to 1.1.1 using itunes..

I get the incorrect sim.. pls anyone can help me?

if you did this process and still get incorrect sim when upgrading to 1.1.1 then you did not do the process correctly

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    This revirginizing work as a charm.. However I still bricked my phone trying to update to 1.1.1 using itunes..

I get the incorrect sim.. pls anyone can help me?
    You won't like hearing this, but from what I understand (it's in an earlier post in this same thread) you will now need to back-down your iPhone to 1.0.2 and start over... this time around, using iNdependence to activate *and* upgrade your iPhone v1.2.4 (or 1.2.5, which is now out) instead of using iTunes.

Sorry, but at least you can recover. I hope this helps.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

dakko (2007-10-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

If I used Anysim 1.1 to unlock I don't need to virginize it to upgrade to 1.1.1, is this correct ?

Is Anysim 1.1 basband safe ?

Thanks

All went okay. did the revirginize done in 45 mins...
    then I followed this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.0.2_Windows

And thats the end of my iphone.... I failed with step #3. I think I already hit update before I open task bar to exit ituneshelper.exe and itunes.exe

Now, I am trying to restore it back to 1.0.2.. i keep getting the error (1) don't know what do /cry could you help me pls?

Green Apple
    Thanks

When i get to step 4 i am still get an error 404 when attempting to download the bin. I am entering my correct IMEI?

Thanks

You won't like hearing this, but from what I understand (it's in an earlier post in this same thread) you will now need to back-down your iPhone to 1.0.2 and start over... this time around, using iNdependence to activate *and* upgrade your iPhone v1.2.4 (or 1.2.5, which is now out) instead of using iTunes.
    I'm using windows I thought independence only run on mac?

any help would be much appreciated thanks soo much iphonewriter

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    When i get to step 4 i am still get an error 404 when attempting to download the bin. I am entering my correct IMEI?
    You cannot download the .BIN file until *after* you have installed (on the iPhone) the SimFree.app *and* executed it... making sure you change the DNS on the iPhone *before* you run the SimFree application.

It is this series of steps that actually creates the .BIN file for download.. if you are seeing a 404, then the .BIN file isn't there.... if the .BIN file isn't there, then you've skipped one of the items detailed above.

Hope this helps.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am getting the 404 error when attempting to download the .bin file with my IMEI after running simfree.

I did try and download the file prior to running simfree, would this have flagged my IMEI and not allowing me to download?

I changed my dns on my iphone, do i need to change on the PC in which i am attempting to download the .bin?

Yeah, you're right that about it being for Mac only (iNdependence.) I don't do Windows anymore, so I cannot help you there. That said, I know other people on this forum use Windows, so hopefully they will try to help.

The originally posted How-To and .DOC download (available somewhere on the Hackint0sh forum) is written for Windows users, so it can be done... just not sure how given I've been a "switcher" for quite some time now.

I hoped this helped some... good luck.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

Hi, make sure this is what you typed : http://129.21.116.152:49973/seczones...xxxxxxxxxx.bin

the "01130xxxxxxxxxx" should be the right Imei # from the back of your phone

then enter, then there's your popup window for you to save your Imei bin

Thanks alot iphonewritter Ill go try to find the window version one.. I know this can be done. I was just having this hope that it worked after revirginize successfully
    Last edited by dakko; 2007-10-22 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

any help would be much appreciated thanks soo much iphonewriter
    Hi, make sure this is what you typed : http://129.21.116.152:49973/seczones...xxxxxxxxxx.bin

the "01130xxxxxxxxxx" should be the right Imei # from the back of your phone

then enter, then there's your popup window for you to save your Imei bin
    and, make sure you do it after you've changed the DNS and run the SimFree.app on your iPhone (no need to change DNS on your computer/router, just the iPhone.) It doesn't matter if you've messed up the order previously... as long as you do it right this time.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I've finally done it. Fully operational... 1.1.1, unlocked. Was worried for a while... I somehow bricked the iPhone yesterday morning, so I've been trying to fix it since. I was following everything step by step, and things went wrong. For some reason, I couldn't properly flash my firmware using any method. Then I found a guide somewhere here on mmi saying to run certain commands on the PHONE itself... namely, ieraser and bbupdate. with bbupdate, i kept getting errors (something about not being able to download a file). Sure enough, running those commands on the phone downgraded my baseband and I was all set.

SO... that being said, if you're having a baseband downgrade issue or if you keep getting an error like I did with bbupdater, try installing Terminal using Installer and run the commands on the phone itself.

Thanks cash, dev team, etc... you all do so great!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Success!!!
    These steps worked exactly as described, I am now running 1.1.1 with third party apps and unlocked to T-Mobile.

The only thing I used the PC (running parallels on the MAC) for was to make the bin file. Everything else was done using ssh and transit on the MAC.

Thank you to everyone that has made this possible.

David

hi all,
    anyone can help i can't get the wifi working...

Well I unlocked it @ 1.0.2 with erica's and I got the right imei now but the simfree part still does nothing. Strange thing is that I have changed the dns in both my phone and my router and I can still find web pages, I didn't think that was possible.

Sence I have the right imei can I skip the simfree part and upgrade and unlock or do I still need to do the simfree part?

Any help on getting simfree to work would be great, even an idea how long it should run before it errors would be helpful.

Howdy all,

Could someone please just answer me 2 simple questions. Do you require an IPSF license to use this guide?

When I tried it 2 days ago I had a license error come up, despite changing DNS and reflashing my baseband?

I've seen reports that this screws your sec zone completely, and possibly makes it even harder for future upgrades... any further info on this?

Cheers,

Bulge

Thanks

YAY! Hooooray!!! After digging, pulling my hair.... I finally got my BRICKED iphone to a unlock stable 1.0.2, using this method Revan method here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

Thank goodness after 5 hrs worth of finding.. I love you guys MMI and Devs Team you rock! Thank you Revan for all your hard work compiling this downgrading 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. I wouldn't make it without your guide

Now, I really wanted to upgrade to 1.1.1 without bricking my phone again..

Do I have to revirginized 1.0.2 again?

thanks again guys

is this the official dev team virginize phone method?and the i unlocked is release?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast