Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [FIX] iPhone Virginzer - fix your seczone & NVRAM

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

any windows user? how did you manage to update to 1.1.1 after virginizing back the iphone?

only via itunes?
    I have the same question with the update. I am trying to read all the thread here before i start on revirginizing on my iphone so I can start updating to FW 1.1.1, The question is where to update it.. and also do I have to jailbreak + unlock the iphone again?

I am currently on 1.0.2 unlock.. I got my iphone already unlock and no idea what kind of unlock program did they use to unlock it. been asking now for days here if that really matters but no answer still /sniff.. So I will take my chances to revirginize it and update it. Any help from anyone would be gladly appreciate it.

I do not have at&t accnt.. I am on tmobile..

Thanks all

oh I forgot to mention that I am on windows xp.. do not have a mac

Thanks again
    Last edited by dakko; 2007-10-21 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    I have the same question with the update. I am trying to read all the thread here before i start on revirginizing on my iphone so I can start updating to FW 1.1.1, The question is where to update it.. and also do I have to jailbreak + unlock the iphone again?

I am currently on 1.0.2 unlock.. I got my iphone already unlock and no idea what kind of unlock program did they use to unlock it. been asking now for days here if that really matters but no answer still /sniff.. So I will take my chances to revirginize it and update it. Any help from anyone would be gladly appreciate it.

I do not have at&t accnt.. I am on tmobile..

Thanks all

oh I forgot to mention that I am on windows xp.. do not have a mac

Thanks again
    I used the word document that you can download somewhere in this thread, its written for Windows users, I am on Vista and it worked fine, so it must with no doubt work on XP also.

For the second part I am lucky enough to have a macbook pro, so I used independence, but ... and here comes the downside ...

I wanted so badly to update to 1.1.1 that I never looked into what the 1.1.1 was going to give me, first of all there is not so much difference (like I really wanted the iTunes store ...not), but now most of my favorite apps simply don't work anymore.

So if you feel uncomfortable with the methods described and you use allot of 3th party apps then don't upgrade now and just wait untill there is a good GUI for this.

Thanks

I downloaded the word doc guide, but still alittle chicken out on doing this. I use alot of 3rd party app, and since the person I bought the phone from does not reply on emails on what unlock method he used I am stuck on WTH I will go for it.. but on the back on my head saying NOOOOO wait for alittle bit longer lol. But on the other hand, I will always have the question to myself about WHAT IF.. I really wanted to upgrade so i have the latest ver. /sigh

P.S.

On the buttom page of word doc guide it says "
    OR
    reboot your phone now - it is VIRGIN and UNLOCKED with gray's "ignore mnc/mcc" method (used in anysim11)
    Is that mean that when I upgraded to 1.1.1 All I need to do is to put my tmobile sim card and ready to go? Or I still need to do the activation using PACAY then Jailbreak?
    Last edited by dakko; 2007-10-21 at 08:45 PM.

You will still need to activate the phone and unlock your sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyke View Post
    You will still need to activate the phone and unlock your sim.

Yeah, for me activation once at 1.1.1 has been the problem. The method using one touch doesn't work unless I use the alpha version, the alpha version doesn't install ssh so I can't get shell access to get past activation using windows.

Thanks

yaiks, hmmm.. That is the only question I wanted to know.. that activation and unlocking to be able to use with my tmobile since i do not have at&t..

Still trying to digg easy way to activate after upgrading to 1.1.1 so far the only easy way is the new pacay beta release.

i just finished the program, i used the word document i did exactly as it said and i got it to work.one thing though since i updated to 1.1.1 then i downgraded my baseband was messed up, and every time i tried to run the "./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep" it would give me an error, so i tried i erase and it still did not work, then i tried the one click baseband down grader found somewhere in the forums here and it worker..after that no problems what so ever, the pictures really helped, without that word document it would have been MUCH tougher, thnx for everyone who took time off to answer questions and write tutorials for noobs like us...

btw after the update i preped my phone using independence (check out the help section and the 1.0.2 section in the independence program 1.2.4) after you do that (follow the steps they have) and when they tell you to update using itunes do that, then activate/jailbreake using independence install ssh using independence ssh simfree 1.1.1 and you are good to go....

is anybody else out there having a buggy experience with 1.1.1? Wondering if I did anything wrong on the way, hope not

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had a 1.0.2 phone. Jailbroken with iBricker. Activated outside of iTunes using hacks.. Then I used AnySIM.

I followed the revirginize information in this thread. Used the IPSF server method to fix the damage caused by the earlier version of AnySIM..

At the end of that I had an iPhone with a 'Virginized' baseband, unlocked with the IPSF method..

So.. I bit the bullet and udgraded to 1.1.1.

After iTunes had finished, my phone restarted no problems. I now had a locked, unactivated 1.1.1 iPhone!

Problem now was to activate and unlock. A lot of the guides that are out there only cater for people who can activate via AT&T and iTunes. I couldn't do that.

To get access to turn on wifi and use the TIFF exploit for jailbreak you have to do the "dial *#307#" trick - again, this is well documented on here..

After I'd crashed Safari with the TIFF exploit, I tried the "TouchFree" pack in windows - but that would only get as far as step 2.. Wouldn't get any further..

In desperation I tried the "basher-itouch-fix". This worked in the initial stages, but borked towards the end..

Before doing a full restore in iTunes I thought I'd try TouchFree again. To my amazement, TouchFree started at step 3!

When it completed, I had a patched springboard (so i didn't need to activate to use the springboard apps, but would still need to activate if i wanted to use iTunes).

From here I installed the BSD System - FreeTouch already installed dropbearSSH for me.

You give the phone it's factory activated state by using iasign on Windows - and fiddling with the lockdownd files using WinSCP and SSH/Putty.

When you've got that far, you can run AnySIM1.1

Still following me?

After that there are YouTube activators for 1.1.1 all over the place..

Now. Finally. Nearly finished.

Sync in iTunes - only have 300megs space for my music. Oh dear. Quick check with WinSCP, and the 'Media' folder had been renamed 'MediaOld' for some reason. changed the name back.. Tried to sync again.. and.. BOOM.. 7.odd gigs free again.

Finished!

Sleeps. Zzzz zzzz zzzz.

I'll compile a guide to what I did at some stage. Obviously I take NO credit for any of the coding behind all this. There's some clever people out there. Very clever.

Default helpp SOS!
    simple question ( sorry if its annoying)

my iphone 1.0.2 (previously updated 1.1.1 and then downgraded back to 1.0.2 and jailbroken)
    i would like to keep it locked , and update to 1.1.1 + jailbroken?
    is it btr w/ a mac?
    yes?
    will it get bricked?

Default Ipsf: Already Unlocked!
    When running the following step..
    3. Run IPSF; it won't work if your flash isn't original so bbupdate first(the fw version doesn't matter)
    a. it will say invalid token/error update token, this is normal
    b. if it says something else, that isn't normal

I do not get the invalid token/error update message, i get "Already Unlocked!"

Any ideas? Also, there doesn't appear to be a copy of my *.bin file out at http://129.21.116.152:49973/seczones/

Any suggestions?

My head is spinning with all these different ways of doing things!

I'm using OS X, 1.02, I have a real AT&T activation/account and unlocked with anySim (needed to go abroad).

Is there any way yet to update to 1.1.1, relock to AT&T and not have to do fake activations etc. I don't want to run any other apps, all I want is to get my phone to factory 1.1.1 settings.

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kulayphoto View Post
    My head is spinning with all these different ways of doing things!

I'm using OS X, 1.02, I have a real AT&T activation/account and unlocked with anySim (needed to go abroad).

Is there any way yet to update to 1.1.1, relock to AT&T and not have to do fake activations etc. I don't want to run any other apps, all I want is to get my phone to factory 1.1.1 settings.

Thanks.
    You are in the same boat as me, i ran windows using parallels desktop and then did the process but didn't use independence to do the jailbreaking stuff, just updated right ahead and walla back at 1.1.1 no incorrect SIM error and it was back up and running using normal AT&T with no hacks after the update

It worked fine. For those of you with MAC OSX, be forewarned, as the geoloader will only run on windows.. aside from that I did all the steps in OSX using Terminal and it worked just fine!

Thankyou! Now to find and install Windows and Parallels!

I wish there was a way to do this all within OS X.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default baseband downgrade problem
    OK... As of right now, my iPhone is bricked. I don't know how it happened... I THOUGHT I followed everything according to this. I've tried it several times and nothing. I think what my problem is is that it doesn't seem to be downgrading my baseband. I check it with bbupdater and its still at the 1.1.1's baseband. I've even tried using the walkthru on here from cash (i believe) using ieraser... still doesn't work. just hangs at "waiting for data". I've checked the permissions, everything... I have to work tomorrow, and i NEED my phone, and i'm freakin out now, i think! any suggestions or tips? I'd even GIVE someone money if they could actually help me to get it goin again... then donate some to the dev team, of course

******nevermind... i figured it out. btw... if you have a hard time involving code using 'bbupdater', try installing terminal on your iphone and running the software from that. worked for me
    Last edited by scidsecret; 2007-10-22 at 05:12 AM.

google search ieraser2, edit: http://mycarbl0ws.com/ieraser

use that instead of the ieraser cash provided

that will erase your baseband and allow you to use bbupdater

then you can atleast unlock and use 3.14 f/w tomorrow
    Last edited by k0mpresd; 2007-10-22 at 03:47 AM.

Got to step 3, 3 all went well scept had to do the baseband downgrade steps with ieraser. When I run simfree it just sitts there, I confirmed the sever was up by getting the hand in the imei jar message. My imei is the 00499 or what ever.
    Tried simfree with commcenter off and on both just sit there.

Is it me, did I miss something or what? Any help would be great.

Default loss of wifi
    how can i get my iphone ip address?
    my wifi is in grey and i can't get my wifi to switch on...
    anyone can help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

is the server still up so i can start this process?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast