Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm curious about jailbreaking my iphone

Ok well knowing that it will be ok to jailbreak. I have a question about Pwnage tool (Prefer someone who knows a lot about it and has used it). What does "Neuter" mean and what does it do? What is "FakeBlank" mean and what does it do? Also the "Unlock" that is just if I want to allow the phone to work off a different wireless network right? Thanks if someone can give me some information about all this.

I appreciate everyone who has contributed to helping me understand jailbreaking, now I need someone who has a good knowledge of the pwnage tool. What does "neuter" mean and what does it do? Also what does "fakeblank" mean and what does it do? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a good bit of explained info, thanks everyone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you should refer to iphone-dev.org for that info but in short bootneuter and fakeblanks are related to unlocking so it wouldn't apply in your case

Sorry about not making a post sooner, had computer issues with my mac. So will the Pwnage tool allow me to jailbreak easily? I don't need to unlock the phone, another thing is after jailbreaking will apple be able to brick my phone or anything? I was also wondering if anyone can tell me how to get the apps and stuff on my phone after I jailbreak it, do I use the phone to download them or do I download them to my computer and install them on the phone?

Thanks

e_stokes, if you use the tool to simply jailbreak your phone, it is fully reversible via a restore in itunes.

apple has no way to find out about jailbreaking as i know, and if they did, they arent doing anything about it so no your phone wont be bricked.

the easiest thing to do is honestly just jailbreak it. you install 3rd party apps through Installer.app which will be on your springboard after the jailbreak.

Everything will be clear after jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by madlogic2000 View Post
    I just used iLiberty and the instructions here (iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock Your iPhone With iLiberty+ (Windows)) and it seems to have worked like a charm.

when it said u had to disconnect it then reconnect it again.. did u?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12