Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A method for Virginizing your baseband

Quote Originally Posted by meatwagon View Post
    so you followed teh steps and you dont think anything happened? and now your phone is fine?

Yes, I just had to correctly reflash the 3.14.08_G baseband and its back in action. It's my test device anyway, so that's why I was willing to put it on the chopping block.

Damn, I was hoping that was going to work. Thanks for trying Amnesia. I might test it over the weekend just out of curiosity.

I guess the old adage "don't believe everything you read on the internet" might just be true after all! lol
    The Cake Is A LIE!

am very desperate. so posting here as well.

i had a perfecting working fine 1.0.2 unlocked with anysim.

then in my sleepyness i went to update 1.1.1. but while it was still downloading i pause the download and disconnected my iphone. anycase after that it is no more sim free but i can still use it like an iTouch.

while trying to fix it i have ended up fully restore it to 1.1.1 so now it has an IMEI of 004 ... which is not the actual one.

I have been following all the posting and threads on how to downgrade it and reload the baseband but just cant downgrade.

i keep getting the error message 1 after itunes extract the firmware file.

tried with independence, tried in windows and using ibrickr ... but i just keep getting the error message 1 after extract.

already took note of the different recovery mode and made sure i count to exactly 10 secs etc ... but still same error.

any one can help?

Thanks

This brings up another question. Where are the 1 click Jailbreak/Activate methods for windows?! iNdependence 1.24 is out, and we're stuck with nothing still

I say,

I have an easier technique to force iTunes to reflash your BB. Run ieraser to erase the bb. Don't bother running bbupdater afterwards though...

Then put the phone in DFU mode with independence.

Fire up iTunes and do a restore to 1.0.2... Itunes will do the see that the BB is messed up (erased) and restore to v 3.

Did this "virgin" my 1.0.2 unlocked bb so I could update to 1.1.1. Nope.... I have tried it 2x on my Unlock.app 1.02 phone. Hoping that the dev team can put my bb back in order soon.

thats what i was thinking.... did it work?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

hmm

I just unlocked the iphone, ereased the baseband, option+restored to 1.0.2 in itunes. Then activated my iphone via itunes with a att sim. if i throw in a diff sim still shows correct imei. are we sure this doesnt work?

cash i will test this out on my non wified phone..

just bear with me.. so what i have to do is.

-get it to 1.0.2 or anyversion i guess, just fresh from itunes, install terminal, (do i need the bsd subsystem to run ieraser?)
    -upload the ieraser and bbupdater with permisions..
    this i where i get confused, what .eep file and .fls file do i upload into the dir? also what setpack?

then i run bbupdater -f *.eep -e *.fls

should be pooped then.. restore in itunes and cross my fingers

(does it matter what restore mode i put it in) yellow triangle scree restore mode or black screen restore mode??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

all i did was upload ieraser + secpack to /usr/bin/

then i ssh'd in

cd /
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
    cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser

when ieraser is done plug your phone in and hold the sleep+home keys until you get the yellow exclamation point. option+restore in itunes. choose the 1.0.2 file.

When I have a min i'll try upgrading to 1.1.1 from this state and unlocking . . .

yeah i did the same thing, ran ieraser, but to no avail, itunes did restore my phone. but still no wifi. i dont think there is any hope for it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey meatwagon and cash..

After you've both ran ieraser why are you just not reflashing the baseband with bbupdater on the phone? Is this not working properly or something?

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

then i ssh'd in

cd /
    cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser

when ieraser is done plug your phone in and hold the sleep+home keys until you get the yellow exclamation point. option+restore in itunes. choose the 1.0.2 file.

When I have a min i'll try upgrading to 1.1.1 from this state and unlocking . . .

I am trying this again, although it looks like a tool may be coming this weekend....

Default Ill give it a try this weekend too
    I figured that bbupdater wasn't completely working . Maybe we can force iTunes to do it for us.

Amnesia when you tried to "mash" bbupdater earlier and got the loop, did you remember to unload commcenter first?

I seem to recall a modified lockdownd file too. Maybe if we ierase the baseband, rm the lockdownd file and then restored the 1.0.2 firmware?

Im going to try this this weekend
    Last edited by Gazoo; 2007-10-19 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Yes i did. Off to work now, will report later.
    Main Phone: 2.0 / AT&T
    Test Phone: sold

Don't forget to thank me

15. The Following User Says Thank You to amnesia For This Useful Post:

mofolo (2007-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_greedy View Post
    Hey meatwagon and cash..

After you've both ran ieraser why are you just not reflashing the baseband with bbupdater on the phone? Is this not working properly or something?
    because 1 of 2 reasons

1. i though this would tell itunes , hey its pretty damn messed up, and itunes too like 10 mins to restore instead of 3-5.
    2. No one asnwered my question about the .fls and the.eep files, wich ones i should use...
    3. it doesnt matter to me anyone, cause i sold my phone on ebay.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meatwagon View Post
    2. No one asnwered my question about the .fls and the.eep files, wich ones i should use...
    The *.fls file is the actual baseband code. The *.eep file is a script that runs the baseband through the reboot procedure. Not that it matters to you anymore.

Default Hey Cash
    Any luck upgrading to 1.1.1?

I'm dying to find out. Will test this out too tonight.
    The Cake Is A LIE!

so any luck with this method?

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

then i ssh'd in

cd /
    cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser

tried your method.. works for me once... everything back to normal
    then i decided to try again.. haha.. back to the same place...
    but cannot repeat the same fix

i'm doomed.. jsut gonna repeat this over and over again until i get it

oh man.... still cannot...
    Last edited by peeInMyPantz; 2007-10-25 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm really curious about this one, too - it seems like if it works, it might be the best way to "virginize" the phone...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast