Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question with 1.1.1!

Question Question with 1.1.1!
    I have a 1.0.2 iPhone, I jailbroke it with iBrickr and unlocked it with some command lines / files. My question is this...

If I do a full restore with itunes on the iphone and restore it to factory, can I update it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it again? I know it says it can not be applied to iphones that have been "unlocked", but if you restore it to factory it is techinically "virgin" isnt it?

No the unlock does something to the baseband, go to the guides section and find the guide on how to "flash" the baseband, THEN start over.

here is the link: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...firmware_1.0.2
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2007-10-18 at 04:01 AM. Reason: web link added

okay so I did that, and ready to update to 1.1.1. I have another question though... I never activated with AT&T and I am a AT&T cust. (I have a jank phone and use that sim in my iphone). So if I update to 1.1.1 it will lock my phone and require to activate. From what I read there is no program currently for the PC to bypass this. So how would I proceed exactly? I read the update instructions and understand it for the most part, just not sure how to get out of that activation part. It seems it was written for people that have accounts and just want to jailbrake.