Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ONe click 1.1.1 jailbreaking for OS X

Default ONe click 1.1.1 jailbreaking for OS X
    Go get it at http://cashflowlogic.com/iPhoneJailBreak.html

MAKE SURE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. You are an unmoddified 1.1.1
    2. You do not have iTunes open
    3. You have the iJailbreak FOLDER installed in your Applications folder (and it has a "resources" folder inside it
    4. You run the Safari crash without unplugging and plugging in the iPhone (leave it plugged in the whole time)
    5. You do not do anything else with the phone after it crashes
    6. And maybe as an extra step, you restart the phone before you start all of this.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrissurra For This Useful Post:

claptrap (2007-10-19), darkway (2007-11-15), erica1 (2008-02-26), Portdogmc (2007-10-18)

Quote Originally Posted by xp02ed View Post
    does this work?
    What happened when you tried it?

The ipod Touch version seems to have had a lot of success, minor issues for the folks that tried it on the iPhone, I'm assuming this version has those bugs cleared up. I'm already jailbroke on 1.1.1, and don't feel like doing a restore just to test this.

i did this and all went perfectly, took about 10-15 min. i guess. But my only problem is that installer seems to have no sources. nothing shows up to install of update.... HELP

EDIT: nvm i restarted installer and now everything shows up like normal.!!!! YAY thanks for this ijailbreak for iphone
    Last edited by Portdogmc; 2007-10-18 at 05:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

just tried it, worked like a charm!

3rd party apps... here i come

Maybe I was impatient, but when I followed the instructions nothing happened and iJailbreak froze. The iPhone acted like nothing was happening after the Safari crash. I force-quitted iJailbreak and my phone is still where it was prior to trying this (e.g., unmodified and still at 1.1.1). Should I have waited longer, even though nothing seemed to be happening with my iPhone? I'm afraid to risk this again.

p.s. I am using a new iPhone from Apple after my previously Jailbroken 1.0.1 iPhone had hardware problems (unrelated to the 3rd party apps). I was glad to get a replacement phone but not too excited to lose out on the 3rd party apps when they gave me the 1.1.1 phone.

Is this programm only for intel macs? I have a ppc and install it but didn't tryed yet

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So the website you go to is that website that runs the Tiff exploit thing? Does it just install installer by itself?
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    So the website you go to is that website that runs the Tiff exploit thing? Does it just install installer by itself?
    yes it does run the tiff exloit.

yes, the program ijailbreak installs installer for you...

Quote Originally Posted by macguyincali
    Maybe I was impatient, but when I followed the instructions nothing happened and iJailbreak froze. The iPhone acted like nothing was happening after the Safari crash. I force-quitted iJailbreak and my phone is still where it was prior to trying this (e.g., unmodified and still at 1.1.1). Should I have waited longer, even though nothing seemed to be happening with my iPhone? I'm afraid to risk this again.

your phone will look like it is doing nothing, be patient it is working, but it can take about 10-15 min

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rugbrn View Post
    yes it does run the tiff exloit.

yes, the program ijailbreak installs installer for you...
    Great thank you!
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post

3. You have the iJailbreak FOLDER installed in your Applications folder (and it has a "resources" folder inside it
    just to clarify: this folder comes from downloading the zip, right?

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    4. You run the Safari crash without unplugging and plugging in the iPhone (leave it plugged in the whole time)
    and the jailbreak forces the safari crash, yes? i mean, this isn't some additional thing i need to do?

OK people... it worked great. Just have to be patient while the little thingy spins. I don't understand why this program isn't being publicized more. I mean the whole 32 step process of downgrading then upgrading, terminal commands, permissions, doing a little dance, etc. is for really dedicated power geeks who have no problem taking the risk. I keep seeing posts and "guides" for doing it the old way and I just don't get it. This program is perfect for what it does.

One thing I noticed today, however, is that my battery got worn down quite a bit where its only 2:30pm and I've already been told I have 20% left. I wonder if it is because I've been goofing off and adding applications via installer and playing with them all day. Hopefully, that is it.

-JP

Quote Originally Posted by macguyincali View Post
    OK people... it worked great. Just have to be patient while the little thingy spins. I don't understand why this program isn't being publicized more. I mean the whole 32 step process of downgrading then upgrading, terminal commands, permissions, doing a little dance, etc. is for really dedicated power geeks who have no problem taking the risk. I keep seeing posts and "guides" for doing it the old way and I just don't get it. This program is perfect for what it does.

One thing I noticed today, however, is that my battery got worn down quite a bit where its only 2:30pm and I've already been told I have 20% left. I wonder if it is because I've been goofing off and adding applications via installer and playing with them all day. Hopefully, that is it.

-JP
    apps could do it, as could SSH being on constantly. do you have 'services' installed from installer? you can turn your SSH off through that. might help.

Gonna give that a shot. SSH should really only be on when you absolutely need it. On an unrelated note, has anyone noticed that ringtones installed via iToner for 1.1.1 are wiped out during sync?

Also, Summerboard Alpha seems to work ok, although not as great as the original.

out of curiosity, what was your setup before you jailbreaked? 1.0.2? mods? unlocked? did you restore first? did you get the "only 300 MB left" thing?

i think SSH stays on until you tell it to be off. at least, i think that's what i've read.

'services' is also good because you can also toggle wifi and edge.
    Last edited by claptrap; 2007-10-19 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hey im about to try this and i was wondering, scrolling sideways is the only way to have multiple apps in 1.1.1? Theres no scrolling down anymore right?
    iLive an iLife

if dock still works, or any of the launcher apps, those would do it, i think.

Thanks

Whoa....i think i messed up, when its done is installer supposed to show up on your springboard? Because mine didnt, it said it was done and something popped up like in finder under macintosh hd that showed the content of my iphone....what do i do after that? ALso, everytime i rebooted the iphone itunes popped up, should i turn off the sync when connected button for my iphone?

edit: nvm i got it works great
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2007-10-19 at 01:58 AM.
    iLive an iLife

Default new iPhone - new User
    hi guys.

my iPhone is arriving tomorrow and i am excited (but more nervous).

things like SSH sound nerve racking. Installer doesn't sound so bad, but i still don't know what it is.

i like this idea of doing basically one step, but...what else do i need to do?

this will be a brand new phone out of the box. the end result that i want is for me to insert my t-mobile sim card and be on my way. is this what this Jail Break will do? will i need another thing called Independance? anySIM? AppTapp? iASign? my head is spinning.

pleading and begging for help.

thanks,
    tFT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast