Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dead iphone

Default dead iphone
    after attempting to use ziphone jail break my iphone died and my screen has the following text scrolling across it.

ipodStack can't start! Need configuration.
    BSd root: md0, major 2, minor 0

I am hoping that "And ANY phone can be restored to a BRAND NEW state, by using this procedure:

ziphone -e

then

ziphone -D"

will allow me to fix my phone. can someone please assist me in doing this.

thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

try to do a complete restore (press home and sleep until screen goes off, then release sleep but remain holding home button until recovery screen comes up)... then do a firmware restore with iTunes... after restoring it, if it doesn't bring you to activation screen, use ibrickr to reboot your phone... when you see activation screen, switch the phone off... disconnect from cradle, press home button and connect the phone while still pressing home button until recovery screen appears again... run ziphone, press DO IT ALL (if you have 1.1.2OTB i.e. 4.6BL.... if not, go to advanced screen in ziphone, uncheck Unlock Sim-lock....... after all unlocking process, you should have installer, install anysim 1.3... and unlock sim-lock with it... remember to switch on flight mode when you're doing this..) for exact method go search video on youtube there should be tons there!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squaresoft View Post
    try to do a complete restore (press home and sleep until screen goes off, then release sleep but remain holding home button until recovery screen comes up)... then do a firmware restore with iTunes... after restoring it, if it doesn't bring you to activation screen, use ibrickr to reboot your phone... when you see activation screen, switch the phone off... disconnect from cradle, press home button and connect the phone while still pressing home button until recovery screen appears again... run ziphone, press DO IT ALL (if you have 1.1.2OTB i.e. 4.6BL.... if not, go to advanced screen in ziphone, uncheck Unlock Sim-lock....... after all unlocking process, you should have installer, install anysim 1.3... and unlock sim-lock with it... remember to switch on flight mode when you're doing this..) for exact method go search video on youtube there should be tons there!
    OMG ignore all that stuff! You are making things WAY too hard. Put your phone into DFU mode (Hold home and power till the phone powers off.. then immediately let go of the home button and continue to hold home. Plug the phone into the computer with iTunes open and it should come up as ready to restore). Hit RESTORE and let it do it's thing. Then go to www.ziphone.org and download ziphone 3.0. After it's done restoring run ziphone "do it all" and 4 mins later you should be back and ready to go.