Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black Screen and Scrolling White Text - PLEASE HELP

Default Black Screen and Scrolling White Text - PLEASE HELP
    I've had my iPhone for a couple months and decided not to Jailbreak it in fear of me messing up my phone [lucky me huh?]. But today I finally had an urge to do it just because some friends at school kept on talking about it and showing me their iPhone/iTouch with Jailbreak.

I downloaded iBrickr v.0.91
    Installed whatever it had to install at first
    Exited iBrickr
    Opened iBrickr
    Then it was on the modifying your iPhone part where it said that it should take 3-4 minutes, and up to 10, and if not to exit iBrickr and restart my iPhone, and to ignore all iTunes messages throughout the whole thing
    The message I got from iTunes was something about restoring and stuff because it detected that something was wrong
    I ignored whatever that message said or even maybe cancelled it [my memory is really bad] since iBrickr said to ignore all iTune messages you know?
    I waited 15 minutes, and iBrickr was still showing the same thing
    So I exited iBrickr
    Restarted iBrickr and it took me some option talking about iBrickr trying to fix my iPhone problem and if a screen was red then my iPhone was fine but if it was green then I would have to do the iTunes restore thing
    And then somewhere in the mist of that my iPhone just would keep running the same black screen with the white scrolling text
    I'm uploading a video of that onto YouTube right now which I will post once it's done

Now my phone is just this black screen with the white text scrolling down, then showing the Apple logo, and repeating the process over and over again. It's been doing this for the last 20 or so minutes I believe. My computer and iBrickr can't find my iPhone when it's plugged in, and when I place my phone on my charger into the wall outlet, nothing happens also

I have no clue what to do and my parents will KILL me if they found out I did this. Which is why I'm posting here first trying to find any solutions to avoid all costs of telling them that I possibly broke it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

If you have ZiPhone, run it and then run your phone in DFU Mode. It will then tell you to start up iTunes. From there do restore, it should work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to boredkenny For This Useful Post:

dis1krazyazn (2008-04-09)

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

It's Ok, take a deep breath............and expell Here's what you should do. Push & hold the sleep/wake button along with the home button until the phone turns off. Keep holding the home button and connect your phone to iTunes via the cable. You can release when you see the iTunes symbol on your phone. Now just restore your phone as a new phone. Download the newest version of ziphone Here and select the option to jailbreak.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

5. The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:

I don't have ZiPhone. I don't know what it is. Should I still get it? And can you point me in the direction as to where to get it if I do need it? Like a link or something preferably.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
    I don't have ZiPhone. I don't know what it is. Should I still get it? And can you point me in the direction as to where to get it if I do need it? Like a link or something preferably.
    link is in my post

I'm following your method right now, D3VIL, and it's current restoring the settings right now. If I download the ZiPhone stuff should I just delete my iBrickr folder and everything?

Quote Originally Posted by D3VIL™ View Post
    link is in my post
    Yeah sorry I was posting to boredkenny and then right after I clicked submit reply your post showed up before mine lol
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-04-09 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No need to delete ibricker.

Thanks

I would. I've personally had good luck with Ziphone for Jailbreaking purposes. I have a 8GB phone with AT&T plan, jailbroken using Ziphone and have had no problems. iBricker is OLD SCHOOL

I have the 8GB phone also. iTunes is still restoring my phone. Is ZiPhone easy to use? I'll try that right after it restores and tell you how it goes. Can I still post in this topic if I find any other problems? Thanks a ton.

Yes, ziphone is very good. One click. I used it with great success. But truthfully I think the new version of iliberty+ is more stable. I would give that a go. And yes it's fine to post in this thread if you have any more issues.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wine_guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, just let me know how it goes. Ziphone is really easy, takes about 1 min to jailbreak your phone. You will then have Installer on your phone along with zibri's blog icon(creator of ziphone) you can get rid of that if you wish.

Yeah is there any site that does a how to on how to use the Installer or should I just go off the iBrickr one I saw earlier? Because there's a lot of applications that I already know I want to add before going into all of this and was still lost sort of.

So did everything work out? Restore/jailbreak etc?

Thanks

Sure! There's also lot's of useful guides here. Installer is pretty self explanitory.

Restore just finished and worked out just now. Thanks so much! Umm I deleted my iBrickr folder and there's 4:30 minutes for that ZiPhone exe file to finish downloading to my PC. And I'll definitely tell you how that goes.

Wait sorry I didn't see your iliberty+ post. So should I get ZiPhone or iliberty+?
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-04-09 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Cool! Just holler if you need help with anything! As you can see, the people here are very helpful and quick to respond

It's totally up 2 you. Both programs are good. People will tell you their personal preference but whichever you want to use!

ZiPhone finished installing and is it Ok if it unzipped on my desktop and then can I just drag and drop the folder to my documents or some place. And should I click Jailbreak or Jailbreak and Activate?

Yeah seriously, thanks a ton. The support here is ridiculously good. Am I allowed to do the thanks button for multiple posts of yours or is it a 1 time thing?
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-04-09 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can put the program where you want it. If you have ATT your phone should already be activated ie, have singal bars. Just jailbreak

22. The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:

Oi so I clicked Jailbreak and then it did all of that. So do I still need to go to the ZiPhone folder for future references? Now all I do is click Installer and click whatever I want from there right? How do I install something I can't find on that featured list?

Thanks

1st things you should install is BSD Subsystem, Open SSH, Community Sources & Bigboss's recommended sources, they can all b found in All Packages.

Open SSH is to be used in conjunction with a program such as Winscp (windows) or Cyberduck (Mac) to enter into the root dir of your iphone. You can search the forms on how to do this, but this is more advanced.
    Last edited by D3VIL™; 2008-04-09 at 04:40 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast