Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it worth it to upgrade?

Default is it worth it to upgrade?
    hey everyone
    i have a 1.1.1 OTB iphone
    i upgraded it once to 1.1.3, faced massive problems n quietly came back to 1.1.1
    now with the release of powerful tools such as ziphone, which has been reported to have a lot of issues lately, iLiberty+ and pwnage, i was wondering if i should take the trouble of upgrading to 1.1.4
    i have no clue as to what 1.1.4 has better on offer as compared to 1.1.1 .....true functionality wise, not flashy snazzy wise...i really dont have a pressing need for the icons on my phone to wiggle!
    also i dont know what issues 1.1.4 has and what fixes have been released and/or made available...
    im quite happy with this firmware, i have around 65 apps installed currently n they all run fine....i really dont wanna take the risk....yet i cant get rid of the feeling that im missing out....
    somebody show me the light please.....i shall be loyally grateful!!

p.s im running a windows machine so i guess pwnage is outta the question for now...sux to be me!!!

Definitely upgrade to 1.1.4. It's a much more stable firmware. And no more apps are being developed for the older firmwares, only the newer ones. And yes since you run windows I would recommend iliberty+. It's awesome. But there will be a windows version of pwnage released any day now.

i'm new to this, i run windows xp, which one of the 3 would you recommend?
    ziphone, iLiberty+, pwnage.
    for jailbreak, activate, and unlock?

iliberty+
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    Definitely upgrade to 1.1.4. It's a much more stable firmware. And no more apps are being developed for the older firmwares, only the newer ones. And yes since you run windows I would recommend iliberty+. It's awesome. But there will be a windows version of pwnage released any day now.
    k. what do you exactly mean by stable?? in what way?? and also, newer apps like???
    im sorry im being a pain...im just kinda iffy about upgrading then spending 3 days coming back to where i am now with my phone...
    my biggest worry is that apps made for older firmwares wont be compatible with the newer ones, and there are some apps i have that i cant do without...
    Last edited by damien6; 2008-04-09 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know people who have tried iLiberty and it didnt work. I would seriously recommend Pwnage when it comes out. It is much safer and IMO much more reliable for than every method.