Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help Me!

Default Please Help Me!
    Hello, I just bought my iPhones a couple of days ago and before I even realized that all this cool stuff and Apps could be found for the iPhone I started iTunes and plugged in my phone and ugraded to 1.1.1. Now I have found all this cool stuff on the net and I want to play.

My problem is all of this is new to me and although I have found some really good tutorials and vids on how to downgrade to 1.0.2, I am not sure which one to follow or even if any of it applies to a brand new iPhone that was just upgraded to 1.1.1.

My firmware is 04.01.13_G
    Model MA712LL
    IMEI 01 130000843309 7
    Ver 1.1.1 (3A109a)

I have downloaded the software from a vid that I watched
    iphonefirm 1.0.2.zip
    completeunlockpack2.rar

Will this process work on my iphone? I am not interested in using any other sim card than the one that came with the phone. What I want to be able to do is just take atvantage of all the cool apps and themes and things.

What confuses me is, does UNLOCK mean that you can now put Appinstaller on the phone and start using the third party apps or does it also affect the sim card in the phone? Also does it erase all the contacts and stuff on the phone when you downgrade and unlock it?

I hope someone can take the time to explain this all to me. Thanks so much, Steve

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

UNLOCK refers to being able to use your phone on a different carrier. JAILBREAK refers to being able to install and read/write to your phone. (i.e. NES, Sketches, etc.)

you can downgrade to 1.0.2 by following the directions here:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...firmware_1.0.2

then you can use apptap to install intaller on your phone and app away!

or you can then try the WIKI on upgrading to 1.1.1 in a jailbroken state to do the same with 1.1.1

this is another guide that is more detailed as to step by step: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX
    I bricked my phone by some stupid accident while upgrading to 1.1.1 then followed this guide to restore it back to 1.0.2.
    Its pretty easy to follow.
    Also, if you get iNdependence 1.2.3 you can install apps on iphone 1.1.1. Since there is no apptapp you have to look for them yourself. I downgraded to 1.0.2 and will stay with that v for a couple weeks more.
    Edit: Its a baseband downgrade guide but it also downgrades your iphone's version to 1.0.2
    Last edited by chiro; 2007-10-17 at 01:51 AM.

Default Working in windows
    thanks for the response but I cant seem to find the. 1.0.2 firmware now. The links I have found all seem to be empty zip files. Is there still a good working link? Thanks

thanks for the response but I cant seem to find the. 1.0.2 firmware now. The links I have found all seem to be empty zip files. Is there still a good working link? Thanks
    Last edited by snr1; 2007-10-17 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost